View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
So...when using google maps, the GPS isnt working. Ive checked all my settings etc, all seem fine. So, I decide to go to m.google.com/maps and re-download the app to reinstall...and its says "we're sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your M850".

So google thinks I have a Samsung Instinct HD?

WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I mentioned this issue maybe 10 pages back or so. Latest version of Google Maps, which supports syncing starred items from your computer to your WinMo device is busted on AGPS in the app. Google forums have Google employees acknowledging the bug. To get AGPS working, you'll have to go back to a version before the latest version. I'm not sure it's possible to download older versions straight from Google even if you get the user agent string working.

How come the user agent set to something else by default?
GPS works fine for me within Google Maps. Like manekineko said there is an issue with My Location finding you without GPS enabled but if I go under Options and select Use GPS it finds me, even in my house. I would think that indoors, results may vary.
I've read in other threads that users had improved GPS function after flashing a new radio. If the issue just popped up I'd give it a day to see if it persists before making any changes. Good luck.