View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
manekineko
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
So...when using google maps, the GPS isnt working. Ive checked all my settings etc, all seem fine. So, I decide to go to m.google.com/maps and re-download the app to reinstall...and its says "we're sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your M850".

So google thinks I have a Samsung Instinct HD?

WTF?
I mentioned this issue maybe 10 pages back or so. Latest version of Google Maps, which supports syncing starred items from your computer to your WinMo device is busted on AGPS in the app. Google forums have Google employees acknowledging the bug. To get AGPS working, you'll have to go back to a version before the latest version. I'm not sure it's possible to download older versions straight from Google even if you get the user agent string working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
You have to change the user agent of your browser. This is the string that works for the TP

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP

Jason
How come the user agent set to something else by default?