PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/28011 - Dec 14 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/23506

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
1213 is really interesting: not only you got it to work using the reply feature but you also created a true fully working MMS out-of-the-box. The interface is very fast. The only things I can complain are the lock button being an icon and the back button being an OK button on the main menu. Also I'm running touchpal and registration info is entered via Settings > Personal > Input Options which is missing... Other than that this is truly a nice piece of work.
The icon for lock is made into the theme that I did not create.
I won't mess with the theme because it works great and I did not create it.
If you use another rom like NRG's it will probably be the same issue as I think his new rom uses the same theme.
It isn't really an issue for me if it works.

I can install TouchPal later and test the issue you are having when I get time.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/28011 - Dec 13 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/23506

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
hey i have a cab file that supposed to disable the tf3d type text interface but it didnt work for this. can anyone give me a cab to make it so that it skips that interface and jsut goes straight into the all messages type window when i tap the message?
The messaging in this ROM is modified so in a "sense", Sense is already disabled. If you hit all messages, or the New Message icon you see the WM style of messaging. I'm in the middle of a flash but I think if you hit the All Messages soft key and then a message you'll see the style you want.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
The icon for lock is made into the theme that I did not create.
I won't mess with the theme because it works great and I did not create it.
If you use another rom like NRG's it will probably be the same issue as I think his new rom uses the same theme.
It isn't really an issue for me if it works.

I can install TouchPal later and test the issue you are having when I get time.
Yes I understand, I mean I know what the icons mean so they don't actually interfere with the normal operation of the phone.

Also, I found a fix for the missing Input option on the personal menu here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but if you want to re-enable the input menu under Setings>Personal, then delete the 'redirect' key under the following registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input]

If you're like me and use TouchPal and need to get it activated, now you can.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 12-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

omarjenkins is a n00b
Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/28011 - Dec 13 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/23506

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
If you are using the new build the only issue that you listed that is an issue is the scrolling to bottom issue.
That is a normal Sense issue on most if not all roms.

Will check shutdown app.

Sounds like you have a bad flash unless you are using an older build.
This was the 12-13 build. I was probably sending my message right as you were uploading the 12-14 build. Soooooo sorry
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Yes I understand, I mean I know what the icons mean so they don't actually interfere with the normal operation of the phone.

Also, I found a fix for the missing Input option on
the personal menu here
I will cook this in next build after I test it.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Lookin' guuuuuuud Bro! (wolf whistle)

Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

How does this one compare to NRG's?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
How does this one compare to NRG's?
I'm not into ROM vs ROM so I'll just this ROM is extremely fast, stable, great to look at, and is an awesome Flash-N-Go ROM. No tweaks needed, it just works.
Flash 2 Find Out!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Retired Staff

I converted root's awesome manila image into a png to be used in the event you change wallpapers and want to get back to the default image.

rootwall5.jpg
Old 12-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

queknight is a n00b

Love this Rom one of the best out the box I've tried. The only thing I can't get to work is my hotmail account. Gmail works fine, but hotmail won't set up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium