PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 8 09

Downloaded the 1.6 Refried Combo Rom but, it has major problems... cant enable Max, new taskbar gone after restart etc etc. Could it be a bad flash?
Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sstor792 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 8 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydogPR View Post
Downloaded the 1.6 Refried Combo Rom but, it has major problems... cant enable Max, new taskbar gone after restart etc etc. Could it be a bad flash?
did you flash to stock first? these roms will have major problems like that if you dont flash back to stock and then to root.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
any reason why when i'm on the phone after a period of time the phones screen will will go dim, so dim that i can barely see the screen. Only way to do anything is hold it to the light so I can see images, and soft reset. Only happens a few times a week but not all the time. Sort of bugs me, lol. I'm using the combo rom btw. Which is a great rom, keep up the good work.
The screen SHOULD turn off during a call to conserve battery/prevent accidental screen touches, but this doesnt sound like your issue since you said it goes "dim" "a few times a week"??
Hitting the center of the Dpad doesnt turn the backlight on for you?
If not your issue may need a re-flash to correct as it *appears* to be an isolated incident but you have to decide if it's worth that.
btw-what ROM, what version?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstor792 View Post
did you flash to stock first? these roms will have major problems like that if you dont flash back to stock and then to root.
While Raydogs issue would appear to require Flashdancing (or possibly a re-DL), it is NOT required for a successful flash. I ROM Jump (flashing without Dancing) from/to root ROM all the time and only do The Dance only if an issue arises which is rare considering all the flashing I do. Just my .02.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:14 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

"I ROM Jump (flashing without Dancing) from/to root ROM all the time and only do The Dance only if an issue arises which is rare considering all the flashing I do. Just my .02"

Agreed. But, coming from Calks' ROM's I hadn't run into the problem for a long time, but did with Root ROM's on my TP.

Got wife a TP that had spl4 & was extremely tough to unlock using .37, tried to go to Root from there & still had MANY flash issues. Finally did the SD hspl trick, then flashed stock ROM, then (settings/system/clear storage), then flashed the ROM...

Now I just clear storage/hard resett (vol down, OK button, power on) each time prior to flash, works great.

My 2 cents.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Best way to unlock spl40 is to flash device to another stock rom that has spl37 and then unlock.
You can flash stock roms without unlocking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The screen SHOULD turn off during a call to conserve battery/prevent accidental screen touches, but this doesnt sound like your issue since you said it goes "dim" "a few times a week"??
Hitting the center of the Dpad doesnt turn the backlight on for you?
If not your issue may need a re-flash to correct as it *appears* to be an isolated incident but you have to decide if it's worth that.
btw-what ROM, what version?

While Raydogs issue would appear to require Flashdancing (or possibly a re-DL), it is NOT required for a successful flash. I ROM Jump (flashing without Dancing) from/to root ROM all the time and only do The Dance only if an issue arises which is rare considering all the flashing I do. Just my .02.
this is my 4th rootrom flash and I never had a problem with previous flashes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:31 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Best way to unlock spl40 is to flash device to another stock rom that has spl37 and then unlock.
You can flash stock roms without unlocking.
LOL! Sweet... Much easier then what I did... Actually lol... that may have been what actually got it working! I did have to flash another stock ROM, I'll bet it wasn't unlocked when I did it!!

MODS: that should be added to the SPL sticky!! Save a lot of people a lot of time.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Step 2b. or 4.

BTW: Nice hard reset pic, center dpad is often called "enter" or "OK" as well.
http://lievenvw.wordpress.com/2008/1...htc-touch-pro/
Old 01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

NEW update for RootRom Sense 2.1 uploading now.
Mostly just cosmetic changes.
Added Dusk slider tab and retract tab.

Unless someone else makes the Dusk slider work for Sense 2.1 I may try to port it over.
If anyone finds it working please post it or a link here.
Thanks.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Root, I know you swear by SMS Chat but I have a few questions about it. I just started using it and it looks like a really good app. Are there any skins for it available? Also Is there anyway to access the program other than thru the start menu? I mean, can you get "All messages" to open up the app? Thanks!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Was having the same problem, tried reflashing and "flash dancing" butnothing changed. disable sense first before you install Max. I know this is when the start bar disapears, but just make sure you enable titanium at the same time. with the menu bar gone just launch a program and it shows again, install Max, reboot, launch a program to get your bar back, then re-enable sense then you'll be cool... Hope you understand my jibberish... This is how I finally got Max installed on mine, that seem to be the only problem, once installed and as long as sense is enaled its okay.

I do find that the menu bar on the bottom does have some bugs maybe? The wrong icons show with sms/mms tab, email tab, also there is no lock icon while in the start menu. I think in a few other areas we have no or wrong icons too... But other than those few problem I find nothing else... the rom is great...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium