PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/28011 - Dec 13 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/23506

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Not sure what you mean by second start graphic.
Also no one else has mentioned the wallpaper not being on all tabs.
My wallpaper is locked in manila and unless changed it should be on all tabs.
It doesn't require the bg4all to be on all tabs.
BG4all is still cooked in.
I have the same thing here. What he means is when you click on the Start Menu button, the Start Menu opens as it should, but just to the right of the Start Button, where the Lock Button should there is another Start button.

EDIT: I just read all the pages here to get caught up and saw what Root said about the theme. Root, the 12/13 was by far the best, fastest, most stable ROM that I have ever used. 2.5 or otherwise. You are the man and the new TP ROM KING! Flashing the 12/14 version now!!!!

Last edited by RyanMayo; 12-15-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/28011 - Dec 14 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/23506

Question about SASHIMI. If this is cross posting and considered rude, I apologize. Let me know and I will continue my futile efforts searching Google. I currently use Sashimi simply to Auto Install a few cabs and 2 xml files ( one for email and one for owner info.) I do not know enough about Sashimi, nor can I find specific answers to the following questions:

1) Can SASHIMI completely install a CAB? For example, I install a cab for a program called Qik. Once Qik is installed, it needs to be run for the first time and set-up, just like most other programs (username, password, etc. just like Facebook.) Can this process be automated?

2) Ringtones. Can SASHIMI automatically set all of the different ringtone settings? Change ringer state to ring and vibrate and set all specific ringtones for text, email, etc.?

3) Weather/Stocks/Account Manager. Possible to automate weather setup, stock setup and Account Manager setup (facebook, youtube, and twitter)?

Some of these I am pretty sure can be done with Registry backups. Can I simply completely set up this SICK ROOT ROM the way I want it and do a full registry backup, then Restore that between flashes? SASHIMI has saved me alot of time, even with the very basic way in which I use it, but complete automation would be great. If any of the pros here know the answer, or where to find it, please let me know. Thanks in advance, guys.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

If your 12/14 flash comes up with the date in Italian, simply go to Start/Settings/System/Regional Settings and change the Region from Italy to English (United States), SR and you're done!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by queknight View Post
Love this Rom one of the best out the box I've tried. The only thing I can't get to work is my hotmail account. Gmail works fine, but hotmail won't set up.
How are you trying to set it up? I just signed into Windows Live without a problem. I didnt sync my mail because I already set it up as a POP account but if I could sign in, I cant see a ROM related reason that I wouldnt have been able to sync.

EDIT: Some people say they have success turning off Sense before trying to Sync, you may want to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Question about SASHIMI. If this is cross posting and considered rude, I apologize. Let me know and I will continue my futile efforts searching Google. I currently use Sashimi simply to Auto Install a few cabs and 2 xml files ( one for email and one for owner info.) I do not know enough about Sashimi, nor can I find specific answers to the following questions:

1) Can SASHIMI completely install a CAB? For example, I install a cab for a program called Qik. Once Qik is installed, it needs to be run for the first time and set-up, just like most other programs (username, password, etc. just like Facebook.) Can this process be automated?

2) Ringtones. Can SASHIMI automatically set all of the different ringtone settings? Change ringer state to ring and vibrate and set all specific ringtones for text, email, etc.?

3) Weather/Stocks/Account Manager. Possible to automate weather setup, stock setup and Account Manager setup (facebook, youtube, and twitter)?

Some of these I am pretty sure can be done with Registry backups. Can I simply completely set up this SICK ROOT ROM the way I want it and do a full registry backup, then Restore that between flashes? SASHIMI has saved me alot of time, even with the very basic way in which I use it, but complete automation would be great. If any of the pros here know the answer, or where to find it, please let me know. Thanks in advance, guys.
AFAIK-Sashimi can install the cab, not run it. It may be able to help with passwords and such but I believe the proram would have to have been installed first.

For Ringtones and settings I use Keep My Tones-dont think Sashimi can help. Check the Energy attachment list for Keep My Tones or Three's Guide. Three also has a link to murducky's Sashimi Thread where you may get more answers.

Shashimi can do Weather, account settings, etc. I've only done the weather set up via registry settings when in manila 2.1. Sashimi hasnt gotten caught up with Sense....yet. The Sashimi thread and/or youtube videos may give you some more info on the specifics.
I never do a full reg backup-things are ever developing and you may bring old settings into a new build. That being said, if a ROM is the same build and just an update comes out, you'd probably be safe.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-15-2009 at 09:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

seang is keeping up the good workseang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
If your 12/14 flash comes up with the date in Italian, simply go to Start/Settings/System/Regional Settings and change the Region from Italy to English (United States), SR and you're done!
it happened to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

seang is keeping up the good workseang is keeping up the good work

how do i get s2u2 to work?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:54 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Press and hold send hard key.
There is also setting feature in the tools folder.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

Hey Root, does your new rom have landscape cooked in?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
psssst! Look up one post from yours.

LOL! So, I'm slow! Darn kids... get 1/2 way done typing & one of them shuts the dogs tail in the door, I get back & ppcgeeks logged me out again in the middle of my post...

Finally get it done & then I can't attach a mp3...

... then i see your post after all that !

HA! Is there a crawl in the hole & die button?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
LOL! So, I'm slow! Darn kids... get 1/2 way done typing & one of them shuts the dogs tail in the door, I get back & ppcgeeks logged me out again in the middle of my post...

Finally get it done & then I can't attach a mp3...

... then i see your post after all that !

HA! Is there a crawl in the hole & die button?
It happens to us all.
Winmo and I do it to each other all te time. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium