PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 15 2

root gave us the killer SCRoot ROM with the Cookies Homescreen Mod.
It works with XDarkRoot as well and there has been a cool advancement.
The mod was always customizable via registry edits but now we have a much simpler tool thanks to johncmolyneux over at xda.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590

Get Cookie's mod here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

For those that love the double clock, this mod will not allow that. It may have also broken the feature where clicking on the Left of the Taskbar brings up the Program list, no biggie IMO.

All the options are listed here. The tool is supposed to restart Sense for you but I had to do it manually via Start/Settings/Today. A soft reset is not needed.

The borders of unused links can be hidden, making a clean look. Just tap Top Right to Move/Edit the links.

Enjoy.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 15 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
What does HomeRoot use for user navigation? I'm confused because it has tabs but no TF3D. How can that be? It seems to be prime for a MS download also.

Also I know it has few programs in it but I don't mind installing the programs that I use. It's even easier now that Root has included a page with all the important program links.

TIA,
tsp
It does not have Sense included as it is the ultimate stripper/bare bones ROM.
If you go Start/Settings/Today/Items and select Date it will have the "UI" on the Homescreen that is in the screenshots. It's "tappable" not a slider. There is a links/program tab there.
Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
You have no data connection?
I have data on all these roms.
Battery will depend on location, service, running apps and other things.
I always get good use.

Try Lumos and see if it helps.
I use to run it on other roms but not mine.
im saying i disable data...i can connect if i want..but i wanted to see how long i can make the battery last..ill try a flash dance again....maybe im running too high of a page pool? does that make a difference..i might flash a new radio too, see if im pulling a signal

Help Me Help You
Old 02-21-2010, 04:18 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

NEW Radio may help for sure.
Try different ones and see which one works best in your area.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

You know I've been meaning to ask another question. When you guys do a "flash dance", do you Hard Reset the current ROM, let it load all of it's customizing settings, flash stock rom, let it load all of it's customizing settings, hard reset it again and let it do it's thing, then flash new ROM, let it do it's thing, hard reset and let it do it's thing again?

My flash dancing takes so much damn time, and I've always wondered if other people wait for all the customizing, or just do a hard reset and flash. I would be willing to flash more often if that whole process didn't take so ****ing long.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
You know I've been meaning to ask another question. When you guys do a "flash dance", do you Hard Reset the current ROM, let it load all of it's customizing settings, flash stock rom, let it load all of it's customizing settings, hard reset it again and let it do it's thing, then flash new ROM, let it do it's thing, hard reset and let it do it's thing again?

My flash dancing takes so much damn time, and I've always wondered if other people wait for all the customizing, or just do a hard reset and flash. I would be willing to flash more often if that whole process didn't take so ****ing long.
IMO, as a former Flash Dancer ,it is not required.
I used to Dance for every flash. Then I started Beta testing and realized it is not necessary for a successful flash. I "ROM Jump" all the time and now only Dance if I see issues but I've jumped ROM to ROM, build to build, even Chef to Chef without the Dance and been fine.

That said, it cant hurt to Dance, you're just being cautious.
If you do the MOST involved steps I would do is:

just flash Stock (no HR of the current ROM), HR, flash custom, HR

I'm not really sure what the HR are doing that the flash isn't so on the rare occasions I do dance I just flash stock (yes, let customizations run) and back to custom ROM.

Just my .02. Hope that helps.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I do dance I just flash stock (yes, let customizations run) and back to custom ROM.

That's me right there. Once in a while if I'm pressed for time I'll jump ROM to ROM, but doing it this way I know if I find any problems, I can already rule out file problems from a non-dance.

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

fabrijack is just getting started

Running XRootRomLS_02152009_23518 on CellularSouth network in Memphis TN area.

I have run into a unique problem. When sending a text from a contact card if I choose a different choice of word in the predictive line it will kick me completely out of the message, all the way back to the contact display.

Another issue that I isolated to a program caused problem: I installed System 7 email sync software. Worked flawlessly the first day, then in the middle of the second day I took my phone from the holster and it was stuck on the white rootrom/htc screen, rebooted multiple times and it would not boot past this screen. Hard reset fixed it right up.

Otherwise it runs great, no evident problems as long as I don't load System 7 or choose a different word in a text message.

Just my observations,
Jack

Energy ROM 24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.Sep.04
Radio 1/12/31F Cellular South
Old 02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post

IMO, as a former Flash Dancer ,it is not required.
I used to Dance for every flash. Then I started Beta testing and realized it is not necessary for a successful flash. I "ROM Jump" all the time and now only Dance if I see issues but I've jumped ROM to ROM, build to build, even Chef to Chef without the Dance and been fine.

That said, it cant hurt to Dance, you're just being cautious.
If you do the MOST involved steps I would do is:

just flash Stock (no HR of the current ROM), HR, flash custom, HR

I'm not really sure what the HR are doing that the flash isn't so on the rare occasions I do dance I just flash stock (yes, let customizations run) and back to custom ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 View Post
Quote:
I do dance I just flash stock (yes, let customizations run) and back to custom ROM.

That's me right there. Once in a while if I'm pressed for time I'll jump ROM to ROM, but doing it this way I know if I find any problems, I can already rule out file problems from a non-dance.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind for when I get off shittyROM. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrijack View Post
Running XRootRomLS_02152009_23518 on CellularSouth network in Memphis TN area.

I have run into a unique problem. When sending a text from a contact card if I choose a different choice of word in the predictive line it will kick me completely out of the message, all the way back to the contact display.

Another issue that I isolated to a program caused problem: I installed System 7 email sync software. Worked flawlessly the first day, then in the middle of the second day I took my phone from the holster and it was stuck on the white rootrom/htc screen, rebooted multiple times and it would not boot past this screen. Hard reset fixed it right up.

Otherwise it runs great, no evident problems as long as I don't load System 7 or choose a different word in a text message.

Just my observations,
Jack

Hmm lets see. Memphis. Heart of the bible belt...maybe dont use those kind of words?

Kidding, of course

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium