View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 15 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
You know I've been meaning to ask another question. When you guys do a "flash dance", do you Hard Reset the current ROM, let it load all of it's customizing settings, flash stock rom, let it load all of it's customizing settings, hard reset it again and let it do it's thing, then flash new ROM, let it do it's thing, hard reset and let it do it's thing again?

My flash dancing takes so much damn time, and I've always wondered if other people wait for all the customizing, or just do a hard reset and flash. I would be willing to flash more often if that whole process didn't take so ****ing long.
IMO, as a former Flash Dancer ,it is not required.
I used to Dance for every flash. Then I started Beta testing and realized it is not necessary for a successful flash. I "ROM Jump" all the time and now only Dance if I see issues but I've jumped ROM to ROM, build to build, even Chef to Chef without the Dance and been fine.

That said, it cant hurt to Dance, you're just being cautious.
If you do the MOST involved steps I would do is:

just flash Stock (no HR of the current ROM), HR, flash custom, HR

I'm not really sure what the HR are doing that the flash isn't so on the rare occasions I do dance I just flash stock (yes, let customizations run) and back to custom ROM.

Just my .02. Hope that helps.