PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mnxd9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 08 2010

Well I ran the RootRom 2.1 21889 latest edition, overall I really liked it, I ended up flashing to another rom, because I couldn't answer the phone, somewhere I had some issues with the software locking the phone and then it wouldn't allow me to answer, overall I couldn't really live with Slide to unlock, and it loads up every soft reset. On my stock Sprint rom Slide to unlock works ok, I wouldn't say it was perfect, but pretty darn good, can't get it right for what ever reason on this rom.

I'm not 100% sure what the exact issue was but I couldn't figure out how to turn off/ change or stop the problem, in the beginning it worked great somewhere I messed up something and couldn't fix it.

Being that I really didn't read all the posts on here, nor am I super familiar with all the phone software locking option, I flashed to another rom.

Overall it was nice and quick and preformed well.

I also ran the maxdarkroot 2.5 figured out I didn't care as much for the sense 2.5 and it was noticeably slower, and honestly I hate that clock, being not nearly as computer savvy as others on here (first wimmo phone, just started flashing) I didn't put forth the effort to try and change it. (head is spinning enough right now trying new roms)

Short of me not fully being able to figure out the software included, I'd say you cook some nice roms, thanks for your time and effort.

Sorry kind of a hard read, kids are driving me crazy.........

Last edited by mnxd9; 02-09-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Use to be TP , now its E-V-O

jacker is keeping up the good workjacker is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jacker
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 08 2010

Hey root , you gonna update the iroot with the newest version (the one you found after you uploaded your last one) anytime soon?

I 've been rocking that lately even though I gave up my weather and music tab. I compensated using WM and getting an weather alert.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker View Post
Hey root , you gonna update the iroot with the newest version (the one you found after you uploaded your last one) anytime soon?

I 've been rocking that lately even though I gave up my weather and music tab. I compensated using WM and getting an weather alert.
the one thats on the new sac rom with the text program that reads the messages to u is the bees knees.would love that too..
Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Use to be TP , now its E-V-O

jacker is keeping up the good workjacker is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jacker

Ah yes , Microsoft tell me.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 08 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Awesome. Glad you got it.

Prolly wont be on till late tomorrow.
Graycie is getting put under for an MRI so I will be there most of the day.

Will catch up when I get back home.
Hope nothing breaks till then.
Everything will be alright.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

Heres a greedy question
I Thought Root was going to start a cab repository for some of his programs.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pierhogunn is just getting started

This is my second rootrom, maxdark chrome etc... and I really like it, everything seems to work out of the box,

it does sashimi instead of UC ( scdonfig) which is no biggie, I need to learn sashimi anyway

it does not have the audio routing problems that I had with energy...

I do have 2 issues

1. the version of pandora that I use, the Pandora + VGA + IVAN .cab file installs just fine, but crashes and burns when the app is opened... I've searched for any pandora-centric threads with this rom, and haven't found anything cogent to my problem

2. once max manilla is enabled, if I put a shortcut in, and then take it out, I can't put another shortcut in it's place. I haven't searched to find a fix because this doesn't really bother me, but it is something that I've run across and though others would like to be aware if they aren't already

where are the changelogs for your different releases?

MightyROM 5
Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro Pcs

kid777 is a n00b

anyone get palringo running on maxroot rom on metropcs? None of the new browsers are working either.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE

Root,

I had to go bck to Ski. Couldn't find setting option for the phone to turn off. Can u explain??? Flshdnc b4 dl Max Silver.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gasmaz is a n00b

HI i like the rom... I changed theme accidentally to pewter 6.1 and now i have this gray bar on the bottom how can i get rid of the gray bar?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium