PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 11:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

langdoy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/10/09-1.0 | fresh rom | Enough that I'm calling it 1.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
I haven't looked in to this yet. For people who picked a non-stock image they haven't been able to get the clear lock screen. It must be caching it somewhere but I don't know where yet. It's on my list of things to figure out. And no, there's no bug where the wallpaper changes on it's own. It must have been turned on in your bag.
Very odd that it changed on me. I haven't had issues with the Rom except for that today which is 4 days with no issues. I tried to de-fresh again hoping it takes the 'lock' image off and puts me back on transparent but that didn't work. Very strange to say the least.

As a side note: thanks for providing the support and Rom! Much appreciated.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Clear lockscreen would be sweet! I wish I could figure out how to remove the wallpaper cache. Just thinking out loud... Put a picture on your sd card that you don't care about. Make it lockscreen wallpaper. Delete the pic with Astro and reboot phone. See if that does it maybe?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
N00b

langdoy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Clear lockscreen would be sweet! I wish I could figure out how to remove the wallpaper cache. Just thinking out loud... Put a picture on your sd card that you don't care about. Make it lockscreen wallpaper. Delete the pic with Astro and reboot phone. See if that does it maybe?
Wish it was that easy. I think once you set a wallpaper from album/sdcard, it saves it into the system/cache and you have to delete it from there. It would be good to understand how the transparent lock is set and we just revert to there. I'm sure this is being looked into and a SetToTransparentLock.apk will probably come out soon. For now, I will have to resort to a picture of me and the wifey.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
N00b

langdoy is a n00b

Here's another issue that I was going to post previously but I didn't. Wondering if anyone else is having same issue with IMAP.

When I first loaded this rom, I was testing it on wifi and setting up my IMAP to my Yahoo. For 2 days, I couldn't get it to work, it kept giving me authorization/password failed. I KNOW that the password is right and all the settings were correct. Magically, few days ago, I was able to get in and check mail. *Noticed that it was not checking for mail on the scheduled interval time. Just about an hour ago, it will not login to my IMAP anymore. It keeps saying login failed. I tried to delete the account and set it up again, but getting the same issue from day 1. Anyone else using Yahoo IMAP having the same issue(s)?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 PM
N00b

langdoy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by langdoy View Post
Here's another issue that I was going to post previously but I didn't. Wondering if anyone else is having same issue with IMAP.

When I first loaded this rom, I was testing it on wifi and setting up my IMAP to my Yahoo. For 2 days, I couldn't get it to work, it kept giving me authorization/password failed. I KNOW that the password is right and all the settings were correct. Magically, few days ago, I was able to get in and check mail. *Noticed that it was not checking for mail on the scheduled interval time. Just about an hour ago, it will not login to my IMAP anymore. It keeps saying login failed. I tried to delete the account and set it up again, but getting the same issue from day 1. Anyone else using Yahoo IMAP having the same issue(s)?
Rebooted and now it's fine. Too strange today...why today? Still curious if anyone else had the same issues however.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

seeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by langdoy View Post
Rebooted and now it's fine. Too strange today...why today? Still curious if anyone else had the same issues however.
i had noticed a similar issue on WM non the less but only on the oldest of my 3 yahoo accounts, it now requires me to list my full emaill (rrr@yahoo.com insterad of just rrr) for the user name in order for it to work consistently.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: cdma htc hero
Carrier: sprint

HERNANDEZ4LIFE is a n00b

Yup.... Ive been having the same issue. Not just with this rom though. Seems like almost since I first got the phone, though I can't remember when exactly it was when it started. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.... sometimes after a nandroid restore, sometimes after a soft reset, and sometimes just out of nowhere it happens. Login failed. I tried deleting the account once too, and then it wouldn't even let me set it back up, wouldn't accept my password. I believe a soft reset is what finally allowed me to set it back up. I've found that usually a soft reset is what will get it back up and running, which is weird when sometimes a soft reset seems to be the cause. Soft reset, login failed. Soft reset again, it lets me in again. I have no clue....
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hmmm... I tried this to create the same problem but I couldn't recreate this issue.
I always do a factory wipe when installing a new rom (old WM habit) and maybe it helps stay more "fresh" then others
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamonte
Carrier: eSprint

deanwoof is just getting started

ok so i'm fairly sure i have fresh rom running on hero (new to android). phone works for calls and data. soundboard app that i installed prior to installing fresh, works fine.

but now marketplace doesn't work? is that normal?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwoof View Post
but now marketplace doesn't work? is that normal?
What do you mean doesn't work? No, it's not normal. A number of people are reporting market issues after downgrading from 2.1 back to 1.5.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development