PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: [ROM] 12/03/09-0.7 | fresh rom | Optimized boot + apks | read for known issues

Yeah I'm going to wait for .7_ or .8 I'm lovong .6b so much no need to switch.

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 12-03-2009, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/03/09-0.7 | fresh rom | Optimized boot + apks | read for known issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceger View Post
Great Rom Flipzmode.

I assume the next .7 version will have the fixes incorporated into it?
Yea I didn't want to put out another 90mb rom for something that 4mb would fix. But the next release I'll fix them.

Getting close to 1.0. I need to find something special to do. haha.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Ceger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
Yea I didn't want to put out another 90mb rom for something that 4mb would fix. But the next release I'll fix them.

Getting close to 1.0. I need to find something special to do. haha.

2.1 would be quite special.

Ceger
Old 12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

thanks for the nice "fresh" rom! i just wanted to know if i had to do a nandroid 2.2 backup, because i got errors when i tried to do a backup, or a restore.... i just rebooted and flashed without doing a nandroid backup.... is that a big deal or not? and as far as apps2sd, i only installed 40 apps... should i get used to using app2sd, or should i wait till i have over 100 apps installed.. will installing this speed up my phone, or is it just the placebo effect? thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceger View Post
2.1 would be quite special.

Ceger
It certainly would be! *fingers crossed*
Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
thanks for the nice "fresh" rom! i just wanted to know if i had to do a nandroid 2.2 backup, because i got errors when i tried to do a backup, or a restore.... i just rebooted and flashed without doing a nandroid backup.... is that a big deal or not? and as far as apps2sd, i only installed 40 apps... should i get used to using app2sd, or should i wait till i have over 100 apps installed.. will installing this speed up my phone, or is it just the placebo effect? thanks!
You don't have to do a backup as long as you have your first one. I do one everytime before I flash so if I don't like what comes up I can revert to just before I flashed.

A2SD2 is not a big deal for 40 apps. Flipz doesn't like it at all haha. It will not speed up your phone to have it installed but will free up the internal memory, not that that matters on linux.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
You don't have to do a backup as long as you have your first one. I do one everytime before I flash so if I don't like what comes up I can revert to just before I flashed.

A2SD2 is not a big deal for 40 apps. Flipz doesn't like it at all haha. It will not speed up your phone to have it installed but will free up the internal memory, not that that matters on linux.
when i talk about apps installed, is it the total # of programs that are on the rom, or the # of roms that i installed? Thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok, if someone can feed me with spoon I would greatly appreciate it.

I just returned from 2 weeks hiatus back into winmo world. I have regretted this decision and came back. I'm still on modaco rom and I want to do a "fresh" install from ground up. If I get this update zip and put it into my root and run the installer within the phone and apply the patch can i hard reset with all the fresh-rom contents inside?

any minor bugs known besides that keyboard thing that has already been addressed?

flip - any chance that you will release a rom with the patch built in for a lazy soul like me I appreciate your hard work buddy.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero - Freshified :)

gazment is keeping up the good workgazment is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to gazment Send a message via Yahoo to gazment

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post

I just returned from 2 weeks hiatus back into winmo world. I have regretted this decision and came back. I'm still on modaco rom and I want to do a "fresh" install from ground up. If I get this update zip and put it into my root and run the installer within the phone and apply the patch can i hard reset with all the fresh-rom contents inside?

any minor bugs known besides that keyboard thing that has already been addressed?

flip - any chance that you will release a rom with the patch built in for a lazy soul like me I appreciate your hard work buddy.
Once you install the fresh zip and then the patch zip you can hard reset to your hearts content and you will still be FRESH.

The keyboard issue isn't an issue after the patch install, and i've been running this all day using the phone hard (I have a day off) without any issues what so ever.

Fresh has already stated he won't be making another rom with the patches included until .8 comes out. 0.7 just came out so I wouldn't expect that to be anytime too soon. Just put 2 zips on your sd card install and boot. Piece of cake.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post

Just load the .07 Rom and 07 patch 2 place on your SD card. Nandroid Backup then you can do this 2 ways. Install right over the modaco rom (choose zip Rom then Patch ) or you can wipe data then choose zip and install rom and patch .Reboot
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development