PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tkelly311 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-10-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc10][HORSE-STABLE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I am experiencing an issue with playing music. The expected behavior of EVO is that if a call is received while playing music, the music would stop and resume after the call ends. With this rom, the music does not resume after the call ends. The music sometime ends when a text message or email is received as well.

Could you please look into this?

Another thing I notice is that I cannot browse the internet while on a call. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
you can browse and talk if you're on 4g
Old 04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpat89 View Post
Idk about the stock music app, but i use the honeycomb music player apk from xda and it works great, after i hang up the music continues, etc. I listen to music on my phone a lot too, several times a week at the gym, at the pool, etc. I'm on RC10 but ive been using the music app since beta 6, so its not the rom. And 4G tether works pretty good for me also, takes a while to connect, but once it does, its faster then my home connection. I use the built in tether thing. Just waiting for 720p recording and ill be all set! =)
you are doing free wifi tethering or wire tethering?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

napoleontheruler is a n00b

is anyone having an issue playing flash video on website? and if so is there a fix running rc10 sorry if its already been answered
Old 04-12-2011, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

danielpat89 is a n00b

The free wifi tethering thing thats built into the rom..when i first check wifi tether, my laptop will have an explanation mark and not connect but after waiting for a few minutes it hooks up, and I have a couple bars 4G
Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
Really, I will keep it till Wednesday to let it settle but so far I'm at 68% in 2 hours and 25 mins. Only sent some texts and did small amount of browsing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I have the Seidio and the recent Amazon 12.99 large battery. I get great life on each. In fact, battery life just isn't an issue.

I was streaming radio with the phone on my nightstand for about 90 minutes. When I woke up, I have 92%. We have watched full length movies (Inception) with two blue-tooth headsets connected and at the end of the movie (Using Act 1), had about 75 %.

There are bad batteries out of the box. Each battery has its own chip and they do go bad.

If I were you, I would jump on the 12.99 battery on Amazon
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleontheruler View Post
is anyone having an issue playing flash video on website? and if so is there a fix running rc10 sorry if its already been answered
No issue for me, try uninstalling flash and reinstalling from the market. That might work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I have the Seidio and the recent Amazon 12.99 large battery. I get great life on each. In fact, battery life just isn't an issue.

I was streaming radio with the phone on my nightstand for about 90 minutes. When I woke up, I have 92%. We have watched full length movies (Inception) with two blue-tooth headsets connected and at the end of the movie (Using Act 1), had about 75 %.

There are bad batteries out of the box. Each battery has its own chip and they do go bad.

If I were you, I would jump on the 12.99 battery on Amazon
:' ( battery is fine with froyo tho. With moderate to heavy usage I can go a day without charging. I drop about 5% every hour while multitasking on 4g. Its just ginger that doesnt like me. I even tried CM7; around 20% drop per hour with light to moderate usage.

Im just gonna go in the corner and cry!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jae18708; 04-12-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
N00b

danielpat89 is a n00b

Okay so i flashed back to SZ 1.0.1 CFS nosbc bc it worked perfect on rc7..it worked fine all day, i used gps etc...just now i plugged my phone into the wall charger and connected to wifi and updated some apps from the market..i let the screen turn off & later went to check to see if they were done updating, the screen wouldnt turn on or acknowledge anyting until after 5 minutes of hitting buttons, then i couldnt unlock it and i had to pull the battery..maybe its the sz kernel but i am not happy with rc10 at all..ive been on decks since beta 6 and its been my favorite..but for now im def flashing cm7 stable until decks newest, i cant risk my alarm not going off tomorrow morning after these random reboots etc..and in all fairness i have not ran rc10 with the stock kernel
Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b

Ok...now 2day I'm gettin horrible 3g speeds...but 4g looks like it slowed down 2day too to around 7Mbps dl. 3g speed test results came up with at most with 60Kbps. I dunno if it's rom issue or network...but thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by BrooMann; 04-12-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 PM
N00b

danielpat89 is a n00b

Also wondering, could my issues with lockups/random reboot have to do with custom splash & boot animation and maybe not the sz kernel or rom? I have it set up just like the nexus, where it says Google, then goes into the nexus boot animation

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development