PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
Thank you! Knew I couldn't be the only one noticing strangeness with battery on tiamat. Where can I find the stock kernel, so I can flash back?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2011, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Mr.Gadget is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: [4-10-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc10][HORSE-STABLE]

OK, in an attempt to defibrillate my GPS: Ran a new Nandroid backup, cleared all caches, flashed Sprint Lovers, booted to SL, ran MSL Reader, entered code, auto rebooted after 10 seconds, waited until booted into SL again (my wife called me) , then I rebooted into recovery, wiped caches again, nandroid back to RC9... Voila! My GPS has been resurrected! Looks like the Sprint Lovers ROM is what did the trick. Thanks! Now to attempt RC10 (I just don't know when to quit)...

Last edited by Mr.Gadget; 04-11-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

glad to see most every1 that was having problems with gps is now getting fixed. so... how is everythign else running? you guys arent giving me a list of bugs...

-deck
Old 04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

ro_bro is a n00b

Hi Deck,

I just signed up with PPCgeeks, just to leave a comment/question for you and your ROM. First of all, your ROM is fantastic. I never thought I would switch from MIUI but your ROM made me! I love how everything pretty much works. However, I noticed recently with RC9 that there is a small bug with the Camcorder app.

If you record a video w/ the camcorder app, the file extension comes out as .m4v (which is weird, b/c that section in the related xml code below seems commented out)

When I was on the MIUI ROM, it recorded in .mp4 format, which seems more correct. I checked the /system/etc/media_profiles.xml which seems related to this, and it seems like the codec should be .m4v but the file extension name should be .mp4

Quote:
<MediaSettings>
<!-- Each camcorder profile defines a set of predefined configuration parameters -->
<CamcorderProfiles cameraId="0">
<!--
<EncoderProfile quality="hd" fileFormat="mp4" duration="60">
<Video codec="m4v"
bitRate="6000000"
width="1280"
height="720"
frameRate="24" />

<Audio codec="aac"
bitRate="96000"
sampleRate="16000"
channels="1" />
</EncoderProfile>
-->
<EncoderProfile quality="high" fileFormat="mp4" duration="60">
<Video codec="h264"
bitRate="3000000"
width="720"
height="480"
frameRate="24" />

<Audio codec="aac"
bitRate="96000"
sampleRate="16000"
channels="1" />
</EncoderProfile>

Anyways, just thought I'd report this minor thing. Any way to change this in your ROM? I don't want to have to go through the pain of mass renaming these video files when downloaded on to my PC, as not many software apps support m4v as much as they do .mp4.

Last edited by ro_bro; 04-11-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: changing incorrect info in first post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

So been on RC10 for a second and I just got my first significant freeze up. Still having iffy 4G/3G coverage and bluetooth issues. This is after I upgraded all the radios using the upgrade package you recomended on the first page.
1. I was using the included tehtering when I received a call. Tethering works for the most part but unable to get a good 4G signal while using it. Even thou it no longer drops down to 1x while in use anymore.
2. I recieved a call and attempted to use bluetooth.
3. Bluetooth was very staticky which is common when I use the included tethering app.
4. Attempted to shut down tethering and phone completely locked up. Had to pull battery to get it to come back on.
5. Is there any way to load a kernel which supports netfilter (iptables) so I can use Wireless Tether for Root users?
6. This would allow me to change my wifi channel so I wouldn't get so much interference while using bluetooth.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_bro View Post
Hi Deck,

I just signed up with PPCgeeks, just to leave a comment/question for you and your ROM. First of all, your ROM is fantastic. I never thought I would switch from MIUI but your ROM made me! I love how everything pretty much works. However, I noticed recently with RC9 that there is a small bug with the Camcorder app.

If you record a video w/ the camcorder app, the file extension comes out as .m4v (which is weird, b/c that section in the related xml code below seems commented out)

When I was on the MIUI ROM, it recorded in .mp4 format, which seems more correct. I checked the /system/etc/media_profiles.xml which seems related to this, and it seems like the codec should be .m4v but the file extension name should be .mp4

Anyways, just thought I'd report this minor thing. Any way to change this in your ROM? I don't want to have to go through the pain of mass renaming these video files when downloaded on to my PC, as not many software apps support m4v as much as they do .mp4.
i am gonna look into this as we speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
So been on RC10 for a second and I just got my first significant freeze up. Still having iffy 4G/3G coverage and bluetooth issues. This is after I upgraded all the radios using the upgrade package you recomended on the first page.
1. I was using the included tehtering when I received a call. Tethering works for the most part but unable to get a good 4G signal while using it. Even thou it no longer drops down to 1x while in use anymore.
2. I recieved a call and attempted to use bluetooth.
3. Bluetooth was very staticky which is common when I use the included tethering app.
4. Attempted to shut down tethering and phone completely locked up. Had to pull battery to get it to come back on.
5. Is there any way to load a kernel which supports netfilter (iptables) so I can use Wireless Tether for Root users?
6. This would allow me to change my wifi channel so I wouldn't get so much interference while using bluetooth.
well i left a message for the author, and he said that an upcoming release shall have support for the cm kernel. when this will be i am not to sure. as for another kernel that works and has that support, i am not to sure. savaged-zen and tiamat are the only kernels reporting to be working with the rom. hopefully a new version of wireless tether will be avail soon with support.

-deck
Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

ro_bro is a n00b

Thank you Deck.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
Thank you. Much appreciated.
On a different note, gingerbread-evo-deck 1.0 will be released by the end of the week. Stay tuned. Please report any bugs you find on rc10, as this will be the last release candidate. Really looking toward the release! From now on, when I release a changelog, I will also post it on my twitter so it will be easier to find. Thanks everybody for all your support. Also, my battery life seems to just about be back on par as it was before. So I think we should be good on that subject. I hope everybody is enjoying.

-deck
:retardclap:

Running CM7 till you release 1.0, cause I'm lazy. Though if I can't turn off this damned ADW Launcher I'm not waiting that long.

Edit: I lied, I'm back on RC10 already. Lol

Last edited by teejay89; 04-11-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

mac_evo is a n00b

@ 36 hours on this ROM. I have no issues to report currently except maybe a little static when on a call. Battery life - today off charger @ 0730 showed 100% when plugged in - but when I unplugged it showed 91%, currently at 55% after @ 14 hours with light to moderate use.

Nice work Deck.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

marcusva79 is a n00b

I have not issues to report to. I think this is best. One things I am getting the nasty white crap while taking a picture with flash. Anyone know any good tweaks I can do? Deck your the man. Keep it up.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development