PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: White EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

big_tiger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-14-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre][1.0]

On the Home screen if I press the menu button then select "Wallpaper" the pop-up that says Gallery, Live Wallpapers, and Wallpapers. It was flashing! Well it kept coming up and going away. Could not click on any of the choices.

Where can I find a home screen launcher with more buttons?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM

tstretch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
Just letting everyone know that the voicemail from the leaked GB EVO rom works w this rom! No annoying messages and stuff like that i just installed the apk and all good, no need to backup data w tb.
Yes, please post this apk - or someone send one to me that works! I backed mine up with TB but for some reason it wont let me restore it.. Not sure what happened but I have no VVM now...
Old 04-15-2011, 02:48 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

ok first things first. no changelog as of yet, way too much changed, but i will have one with the final release of 1.0. many many MANY optimizations were done, thats why users should feel an increase in speed. as for data speeds, being slow, i really hadnt touched anything that should of affected it in any way, but i will do some testing and see what i come up with. Let me pull this vvm apk out of the leaked rom, ill be back shortly to post it. you guys like the new 4g icons? anyways... be back soon...

-deck
Old 04-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

joshmon is a n00b

Great rom, it is definitely running faster, havent used it long enough to test battery yet. I am having a problem with the phone dialer, it isnt auto suggesting contacts. I have looked through the settings but dont see how to enable it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks- Josh.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmon View Post
Great rom, it is definitely running faster, havent used it long enough to test battery yet. I am having a problem with the phone dialer, it isnt auto suggesting contacts. I have looked through the settings but dont see how to enable it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks- Josh.
Unfortunately that is only the Sense dialer that does that stock. You could look into dialers on the Market though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
Just letting everyone know that the voicemail from the leaked GB EVO rom works w this rom! No annoying messages and stuff like that i just installed the apk and all good, no need to backup data w tb.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
you arent getting the sms message anymore?

anyways, heres the apk.

-deck
Attached Files
File Type: apk vtt-sprint_v5_1_60.apk (952.3 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

duffguy123 is just getting started

Could my slow data speeds be caused by the salvaged zen kernel I'm running? It's 1.0.1 with sbc
Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffguy123 View Post
Could my slow data speeds be caused by the salvaged zen kernel I'm running? It's 1.0.1 with sbc
possible, but not likely, tho i am not sure if they have the latest cm commits or not. i will investigate morro when i have some time. i think im gonna go ahead and release pre2 morro as well which has a new cm kernel. thats pretty much only thing changed from pre1- pre2. o and vvm app is back in and working without the need of a backup.

-deck
Old 04-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Threadstarter

Re: [4-15-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre2][1.0]

pre2 is now up. as previously stated, only thing really changed was kernel and addition of new voicemail. new gapps as well! happy flashin~!

-deck
Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical
Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
pre2 is now up. as previously stated, only thing really changed was kernel and addition of new voicemail. new gapps as well! happy flashin~!

-deck
Can I flash over pre 1?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G Android 2.3.3

EDIT: Never mind that lol, I just noticed the new gapps so I'm going to do a fresh flash
Recovery: Amon RA 2.3
ROM: EVO-Deck Gingerbread

Last edited by XsMagical; 04-15-2011 at 08:30 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development