PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

skydeaner is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-16-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre3][1.0]

I had the CPU stick at 100 ish percent about five times today making me reboot each time. TB works perfect for me. Spb. Shell3d works fine, lpp Also, and adwex. I do not have the stupid video skip crap that plagues cm7. I can't believe cyanogen would release such a garbage final build. I use the newest savagedzen bfs SBC kernel. Fixing the CPU lock would be very nice so I don't have to watch for it all the time, I am sure deck will get it before final release. I wasn't able to just flashover pre 2 with this one for some reason. I think it was a a2sd problem as I had a couple of problems getting it going even after a full wipe.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero

marcusva79 is a n00b

I did get the video skip from youtube on pre3. I did go back to pre 1.0 and see how everything goes with that.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

mac_evo is a n00b

Pre 3 running for @ 36 hours now. As noted before seeing high CPU times, which I am guessing causing battery life to be less than on RC10. Remain on stock kernel.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

flashed updated radio with NO ill effects...will see if there is "better" 3G tomorrow...for I have been on WiFi all afternoon. I'm still on pre2...so can't comment on any pre3 behaviors...

for those interested in the updated radio...look back about 7 posts...

also been running "Masqed Crusader" trial version on and off for the past couple of days...wondering anyone tried this out and what have been your experience? I have not seen any definitive boost in data speeds/browser loading speeds from this...as far as I can tell.

Last edited by amw1972; 04-18-2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: addition to the post
Old 04-18-2011, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM
Carrier: Sprint

tstretch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_evo View Post
Pre 3 running for @ 36 hours now. As noted before seeing high CPU times, which I am guessing causing battery life to be less than on RC10. Remain on stock kernel.
Also seeing CPU at 100% and draining battery.. How can I get RC10? Where is it posted still?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
Also seeing CPU at 100% and draining battery.. How can I get RC10? Where is it posted still?
gingerbread-evo-deck-rc10.zip

there you go- also I have every .zip going back to RC9 at least, if anyone needs it let me know

btw, flashed new radio and I've done some speed testing. New radio doesn't really effect WiMax at all, but it's consistently doubled (or better) my 3G speeds.

Last edited by teejay89; 04-18-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero

joshmon is a n00b

Flashed to pre 3, but GPS still not working for me. I did the radio updates and gapps /w talk before doing any of the deck roms. Just stuck on 'searching for GPS...' any ideas here, having the pre 3 do i need to go back to 2.2 and do the gps fix? Also my cell/wifi signals seem to be weaker, anybody else experienced this? Thanks for any info- Josh.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
I rolled back to pre 2. That was a good release for me.

As a developer, I know it is easy to have a ill-featured app slip out the gate.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: [4-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre4][1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
Dude...I am having the same issue. Deck...ne idea's on what we're doin wrong? I also tried just doin restorin app + data(not system data). But still get stuck on Android logo on reboot. I thought it might be the CM advanced settings...since u added CM's tablet tweaks in there...so I didn't retore that at all...but still get on Android logo with this too on reboot.

Finally...still have GPS drama! LoL. I still have to goto a sense rom 2 reset my GPS with ##GPSCLRX#. I then I also use the app GPS Status & Toolbox to reset it and then download GPS data.
please do not restore any system data with any backup program until a final release. too many changes to framework and whatnot for it to not cause problems. apps and data are fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Deck...couple of things...I would very much like to ask you keep DSP Manager in the ROM...but if you don't (not a deal breaker) Just would like to see from someone a flashable .zip for it...think there might be interest.

Seeing that your base is off the same kernel as CM...wondering if the newest radio (2.15.00.04.08) would be an issue? Believe this was leaked along with latest GB build for the EVO.

Planning on giving it a go and see if things are better OR worse...hehe
dsp is back in for you all. voicemail was removed but added to the OP. btw, how is the new radio working? i havent had time to play with it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I rolled back to pre 2. That was a good release for me.

As a developer, I know it is easy to have a ill-featured app slip out the gate.
pre3 was a mess. sorry about that. i cooked up pre4, which *hopefully* fixes the issues every1 was talking about. Also, i am running tiamat 3.3.7 sbc atm and am VERY pleased so far, hopefully it stays that way. For some reason CM's latest kernel breaks phone proximity sensors. thats why people were having issues with screen on and off at the end of calls, the sensor was simply not working. i didnt want to add the tiamat kernel into the release, but i am thinking about it depending on how things play out for the 1.0 release. as that is all out of the way, please give pre4 a shot and tell me if the problems have gone away. Besides the proximity sensors, i couldnt find anything else wrong with the stock kernel. so if it doesnt bother you, go ahead and run the stock kernel, i am sure cm will get it figured out soon. i have not ran the latest savaged-zen with it so i am not to sure how that will pan out. anyways, enough of my blabber, back to the OP and get the goods!

-deck

EDIT: once 1.0 is released, i may start tinkering around compiling a kernel or 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: [4-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre4][1.0]

Deck ... I'm still on pre1, but did install tiamat 3.3.7 (non-sbc) as soon as he released it. It's too soon to see how battery will ultimately be affected, however it's running well so far. Also, my stock browser is blazing fast, and we only have 3g in our area. Looks like it will be a good match to your work.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development