PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre4][1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg350 View Post
probably a dumb question, but do i have to wipe the caches again before flashing the kernel? i wiped those caches before loading the rom.
Yes, you do ... and sometimes, you might even need to wipe them again after flashing the new kernel.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

duffguy123 is just getting started

Quote:
probably a dumb question, but do i have to wipe the caches again before flashing the kernel? i wiped those caches before loading the rom.
Yeah you have to wipe cache and dalvik cache but you don't have to wipe data....well if I'm gonna flash a new rom I can't say "I wiped my data before I flashed this rom" and expect it to work.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
installed pre4 this morning and was running fine until i flashed tiamat 3.3.7 non sbc. its stuck on the splash screen. i was running pre3 with tiamat 3.3.5 non sbc just fine for 2 days. did i flash the kernel wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Did you wipe cache and dalvik-cache?
Quote:

edit: I went back and reloaded the pre4 and it was fine, then i wiped the caches and reflashed the kernel and same thing, stuck on splash screen. I wonder if it's something with 3.3.7? I'll try the 3.3.5 kernel and see what happens
You guys do know that the Tiamat kernel is meant for AOSP roms only, not for Sense, right? I know some have tried mixing and matching but usually do not end up with good results.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Lurker

dpg350 is a n00b

Ok, thanks for the help and suggestion. I also tried 3.3.6 kernel and that one didn't work for me as well. So I went back to 3.3.5 for now.

I don't know if the code cleanup in 3.3.6 has anything to do with .6 and .7 not working for me. probably a question for tiamat thread....

"Version 3.3.7
evo: fix camera (cyanogen)

inc: fix camera (cuviper)

compiled with intersectRedstar (Mjolnir) custom toolchain (intersectRaven, redstar3894)

bravoc: fix boot issue (cayniarb)

Version 3.3.6
n1 & bravo: lower wifi voltage (cayniarb)

n1 & bravo: activate 128Mhz clock speed (cayniarb)

bravoc: add support (cayniarb)

mass storage and memory improvements (AOSP via CyanogenMod)

major code cleanup and branch unification (cyanogen, cayniarb)"
Old 04-18-2011, 02:56 PM
N00b

danielpat89 is a n00b

Deck! I'm impatiently waiting for the final build, Im still on CM7 final after my problem with rc10, and i cant wait to get back. Im waiting out all the updates for the final build, bored at work right now just seein what was goin on over here...Is the voicemail fixed on the newest? 720p comin?
Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Lurker

dpg350 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpat89 View Post
Deck! I'm impatiently waiting for the final build, Im still on CM7 final after my problem with rc10, and i cant wait to get back. Im waiting out all the updates for the final build, bored at work right now just seein what was goin on over here...Is the voicemail fixed on the newest? 720p comin?

voicemail has been working fine for me since I found this thread and started out with rc8. just follow the directions on the OP
Old 04-18-2011, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My apps didn't restore from the market when I flashed pre 4. All the paid apps are listed in my apps, but nothing installed. Anyone else have that problem or know how to fix it? I did select to allow google to backup or whatever at the initial boot.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
My apps didn't restore from the market when I flashed pre 4. All the paid apps are listed in my apps, but nothing installed. Anyone else have that problem or know how to fix it? I did select to allow google to backup or whatever at the initial boot.
I think its something wrong w the newest gapps, im using the cm 20110307 gapps..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:33 PM
N00b

danielpat89 is a n00b

voicemail works for me, but i still get a notification that a vm is there and there isnt one. but i thought the newer roms fixed that?
Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Lurker

dpg350 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
sometimes i have to open market first before the apps restore themselves. try that and do a reboot

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development