PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical
Re: [4-28-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffguy123 View Post
Hmmm, I'm here in AZ, but man it was disconnecting and data speeds were so slow...I'm upgrading to the new PRL that came out like a week or two ago...I know it probably won't do anything but it won't hurt to try i guess..
Ive been on the new PRL and its been the same for me but i did notice my 3g was gone for 5 min but my girls Stock EVO 4G had 3g. so i know it was my phone. Not sure if it was the rom tho
Recovery: Amon RA 2.3
ROM: EVO-Deck Gingerbread
Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

i flashed tiamet 3.3.8...and for some reason my wifi tether no longer works. my laptop says this connection has no connection to the internet.

gonna restore and see if its the kernel. besides that the kernel provides much longer battery life vs the included kernel with v1.0 release.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Today, my data connectivity has been on and off (off mostly)...This is the first time that this has happened to me...I'm don't know if it's from the ROM or from the sprint network around my house but any tips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsMagical View Post
I been having the same issues with mine too, Delaware here
Quote:
Hmmm, I'm here in AZ, but man it was disconnecting and data speeds were so slow...I'm upgrading to the new PRL that came out like a week or two ago...I know it probably won't do anything but it won't hurt to try i guess..
Quote:
Ive been on the new PRL and its been the same for me but i did notice my 3g was gone for 5 min but my girls Stock EVO 4G had 3g. so i know it was my phone. Not sure if it was the rom tho
I've been having this issue all along on this ROM. I had it on all the pres, and now on 1.0. It's mostly a 4G issue for me. When 4G is on, my phone will show a 4G icon, but no apps can connect on first try. I open the market and have to hit retry like 10 times before it finally works. Facebook, tapatalk, just about any website's dedicated app, whatever, the same thing (have to retry like 10 times before it actually connects).

I even flashed the all in one radios from the first post but it still does the same thing. I'm on version 1.0, gapps with talk from the first post, and all in one radio zip from first post.

I'm a heavy user of data on my phone (on the net on my phone all day at work, on 4G) so I probably just noticed it before everyone else. Maybe it only affects really heavy users or something.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Keepoppin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
I've been having this issue all along on this ROM. I had it on all the pres, and now on 1.0. It's mostly a 4G issue for me. When 4G is on, my phone will show a 4G icon, but no apps can connect on first try. I open the market and have to hit retry like 10 times before it finally works. Facebook, tapatalk, just about any website's dedicated app, whatever, the same thing (have to retry like 10 times before it actually connects).

I even flashed the all in one radios from the first post but it still does the same thing. I'm on version 1.0, gapps with talk from the first post, and all in one radio zip from first post.

I'm a heavy user of data on my phone (on the net on my phone all day at work, on 4G) so I probably just noticed it before everyone else. Maybe it only affects really heavy users or something.
I was beginning to think I was crazy! Data seems to drop in and out around here, too.

On a side note, has anyone tried the undervolting script over at XDA with this rom on either SZ or Tiamat? May help every further with battery life.

[MOD][UV/OV]Modify Voltages on AOSP Kernels - New Scripts! |Updated 4.27.11| - xda-developers for those that wanna take a look. I'm just curious if anyone has tried or can report any results on either Kernel?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro2
Carrier: Vodacom

JacobL is a n00b

Good day ppl is posible for me to load android on my HTC Touch pro2 if so how do go about doing it and where? can I get the software?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:25 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobL View Post
Good day ppl is posible for me to load android on my HTC Touch pro2 if so how do go about doing it and where? can I get the software?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ngerbread.html

There is a whole section dedicated to that.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
i flashed tiamet 3.3.8...and for some reason my wifi tether no longer works. my laptop says this connection has no connection to the internet.

gonna restore and see if its the kernel. besides that the kernel provides much longer battery life vs the included kernel with v1.0 release.

flashed back to my backup. maybe its an isolated case for me, but i was unable to connect to the included wireless hotspot with internet connectivity. works perfectly with my backup with the default included kernel. will attempt with tiamet 3.3.7 tonight.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
flashed back to my backup. maybe its an isolated case for me, but i was unable to connect to the included wireless hotspot with internet connectivity. works perfectly with my backup with the default included kernel. will attempt with tiamet 3.3.7 tonight.

tiamet 3.3.7 worked perfect for me. wifi hotspot is working now as well. either 3.3.8 has bugs, or i had an isolated issue.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical

Anyone try this kernel out yet? I been running it for about a day and no issues yet. Runs great.
[KERNEL] GoDm0dE-2.6.38.5 [ZOMFG] [LUMP] [BUMP] [SLAP] - xda-developers
Quote:
This kernel is intended to be stable yet fast. has many goods (OC UV ect.) but yet its main goal is to be stable. THIS KERNEL IS INTENDED FOR USE ON CYANOGENMOD (but if u would like to try on other aosp roms feel free)
Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Anyone try this kernel out yet? I been running it for about a day and no issues yet. Runs great.
[KERNEL] GoDm0dE-2.6.38.5 [ZOMFG] [LUMP] [BUMP] [SLAP] - xda-developers

report back on battery life when you get a chance. tiamet is great. much better than standard kernel.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development