PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

R6PRO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-28-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0] Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Open the messaging app and select menu, then settings ... SMS split.
Thanks for the reply... unfortunately as you can imagine i have already tried that and that section is missing i see everything else except for split sms's no if thats the case then i'm gonna assume i have a broken rom... however i have loaded this rom on the wifes phone and she also is missing that section could somone please shed some light on this issue
Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6PRO View Post
Thanks for the reply... unfortunately as you can imagine i have already tried that and that section is missing i see everything else except for split sms's no if thats the case then i'm gonna assume i have a broken rom... however i have loaded this rom on the wifes phone and she also is missing that section could somone please shed some light on this issue
As you assumed...sounds to me like the stock messaging app somehow is corrupted. Which Gapps did you flash? I am pretty certain you can reflash a gapps without having to reflash the rom...but not 100% certain. But, since you might have to start over, you might want to give that a shot.

EDIT: I realized after I posted you would rather not want a 3rd party app. But, if you decide: A quick fix without having to reflash would be to download a 3rd party app such as Handcent. I use it with no trepidation. If you go that route go, after you install handcent, go into the stock messaging app and uncheck "Notifications" so you won't get 2 when you receive a text.

Last edited by Vegasden; 05-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:

I have sms split on mine...

Just go to the messaging but don't open a message thread. Hit menu from there.

If you don't have it on either phone, maybe your download was corrupt and a redownload, wipe, and reflash is in order...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started
Re: [4-28-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][Release]

alright so tiamet 4.0.0 breaks the camera. wireless hotspot works, 4g took some time to get a signal and is showing 0-1 bar when it usually shows full bar right now.

as i read through xda, tiamet 3.3.7 is the most solid right now until 4.0.1 is released tomorrow or soon after. 3.3.8, has issues with wireless hotspot.

supposedly tiamet 4.0.0 underclocks the cpu at idle to 124mhz or so, battery life should be exceptional once 4.0.1 is released.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
alright so tiamet 4.0.0 breaks the camera.
Yup...looks like my camera is broken with Tiamat 4.0.0 SBC. LoL.

Sent from my Gingerbreaded EVO 4G using Deck's 1.0 rom.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
Yup...looks like my camera is broken with Tiamat 4.0.0 SBC. LoL.

Sent from my Gingerbreaded EVO 4G using Deck's 1.0 rom.
That kernel broke my can too so I'm back to this one. http://download.neweragfx.com/Mobile...e-alive-v5.zip

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G running Evo-Deck 1.0
Recovery: Amon RA 2.3
ROM: EVO-Deck Gingerbread
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

anybody else having issues where gmail isn't easily sending emails? i was on a strong 4G signal all day yesterday and 2 emails still haven't been sent out.

i've clicked refresh 5 times and rebooted twice.

edit:
cleared application settings, cache and data per info online as this is a standard gmail issue. hopefully that fixes it

Last edited by hachiroku; 05-04-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
anybody else having issues where gmail isn't easily sending emails? i was on a strong 4G signal all day yesterday and 2 emails still haven't been sent out.

My Gmail app has done that forever, across many different roms. It's not the rom.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
If that section is missing ... you have something wrong. Most likely need to reflash in order to correct.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Quote:

Depending on how you are flashing and what you are flashing.
I would recommend that you go into managing your applications and clear cache and data. Let it pull all the latest most refreshed data w/o any previous items in there. Let us know how it goes, good luck.

This does work. I am not going to promise this will work for all, but it's a known fix and helped me in the past... easy fix
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development