PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Thanks for the update, always great to be informed!

Can you tell me if running Tiamat's SBC kernel will yield better battery life than the stock, included one? I am running 1.1 and TM 4.0.1 but never bothered to run the rom right "out of the box". Perhaps I should.....
I can tell you I get way better battery life over stock while using TM 3.3.7 SBC. I am waiting for 1.2 and I will try out TM 4.0.1 at that time. I have found stock to never play nice with my phone and that always turned me away till I tried another kernel.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

mrcrptguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsMagical View Post
Did you create this or is there a forum post for it? Thanks

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G running Evo-Deck 1.1 2.3.4
I didn't create it I found it while testing out some themes to use with decks rom, here's the link
[THEME] Themes for CM7 - xda-developers
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b
In Spare Parts...Battery history...Sensor usage...

GPS Status: 7h 52m 19s
Maps: 2h 45m 40s
Android system: 2h 3m 31s

These seem crazy high...don't they? Or is it just me?

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Deck,

How about adding in the option to set long press on the back button to kill app?

just a thought...

Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SouthernEvo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
In Spare Parts...Battery history...Sensor usage...

GPS Status: 7h 52m 19s
Maps: 2h 45m 40s
Android system: 2h 3m 31s

These seem crazy high...don't they? Or is it just me?

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.
And Let me guess you have an unusually high "Android System" usage showing on your screen . Wait till you make a phone call it will spike even higher the longer the call . Im suspecting there is something not right with the sensors . It seems each newer variation of GB it progressively gets more so . I noticed it early on Salvage Mod's GB as well as R2Droid's OMGB build as well . The later of the two does not give you access to spare parts sensor usage screens . Like previously stated in an earlier post I can make a 45 min phone call and my android system is sitting at 89+% . I was told this is normal , oddly enough I have seen other phones running aosp (Nexus S) that after making a phone call Android system usage does not spike that high . Unfortunatley I checked logcat and was not able to find any errors in the system . But I firmly believe the issue is in the sensors or the drivers for the sensors or how the os manages the sensors .

Last edited by SouthernEvo; 05-08-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

getwet is a n00b

just installed this and it looks great one question how do i sync with outlook on a pc?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

ro_bro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEvo View Post
And Let me guess you have an unusually high "Android System" usage showing on your screen . Wait till you make a phone call it will spike even higher the longer the call . Im suspecting there is something not right with the sensors . It seems each newer variation of GB it progressively gets more so . I noticed it early on Salvage Mod's GB as well as R2Droid's OMGB build as well . The later of the two does not give you access to spare parts sensor usage screens . Like previously stated in an earlier post I can make a 45 min phone call and my android system is sitting at 89+% . I was told this is normal , oddly enough I have seen other phones running aosp (Nexus S) that after making a phone call Android system usage does not spike that high . Unfortunatley I checked logcat and was not able to find any errors in the system . But I firmly believe the issue is in the sensors or the drivers for the sensors or how the os manages the sensors .
Seems like it CM7 (which this rom is based on) has similar issues. I seem to get this in version 1.2, whereas I don't recall this happening in the pre 1.0 versions of deck. I might nandroid back to see. I recall getting 14 hours easily on those pre 1.0 versions.

Battery drain Android System - Please help? - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 2
Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM

tstretch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_bro View Post
Seems like it CM7 (which this rom is based on) has similar issues. I seem to get this in version 1.2, whereas I don't recall this happening in the pre 1.0 versions of deck. I might nandroid back to see. I recall getting 14 hours easily on those pre 1.0 versions.

Battery drain Android System - Please help? - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 2
I too got much better battery life a while back. not sure what versions it was but it was better. I've been trying several versions of the fix for high Android System battery usage but still haven't had any luck. I've tried using a couple different GPS drivers as well as the 1.77 PRL and still have exessive usage by "Android System". Any ideas/help is welcomed...
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

ro_bro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
I too got much better battery life a while back. not sure what versions it was but it was better. I've been trying several versions of the fix for high Android System battery usage but still haven't had any luck. I've tried using a couple different GPS drivers as well as the 1.77 PRL and still have exessive usage by "Android System". Any ideas/help is welcomed...
My random guess is that somehow the new GPS driver may be causing this issue - as that's the most significant change that seems to have occurred from the pre 1.0 ROMs.

I just flashed back to rc9, and I'm still seeing the high sensor usage by the Android System as noted in Spare Parts.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond

motzvi is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Deck,

How about adding in the option to set long press on the back button to kill app?

just a thought...
go to , settings - applications - development

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development