Old 04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
ro_bro
N00b

ro_bro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-10-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc10][HORSE-STABLE]

Hi Deck,

I just signed up with PPCgeeks, just to leave a comment/question for you and your ROM. First of all, your ROM is fantastic. I never thought I would switch from MIUI but your ROM made me! I love how everything pretty much works. However, I noticed recently with RC9 that there is a small bug with the Camcorder app.

If you record a video w/ the camcorder app, the file extension comes out as .m4v (which is weird, b/c that section in the related xml code below seems commented out)

When I was on the MIUI ROM, it recorded in .mp4 format, which seems more correct. I checked the /system/etc/media_profiles.xml which seems related to this, and it seems like the codec should be .m4v but the file extension name should be .mp4

Quote:
<MediaSettings>
<!-- Each camcorder profile defines a set of predefined configuration parameters -->
<CamcorderProfiles cameraId="0">
<!--
<EncoderProfile quality="hd" fileFormat="mp4" duration="60">
<Video codec="m4v"
bitRate="6000000"
width="1280"
height="720"
frameRate="24" />

<Audio codec="aac"
bitRate="96000"
sampleRate="16000"
channels="1" />
</EncoderProfile>
-->
<EncoderProfile quality="high" fileFormat="mp4" duration="60">
<Video codec="h264"
bitRate="3000000"
width="720"
height="480"
frameRate="24" />

<Audio codec="aac"
bitRate="96000"
sampleRate="16000"
channels="1" />
</EncoderProfile>

Anyways, just thought I'd report this minor thing. Any way to change this in your ROM? I don't want to have to go through the pain of mass renaming these video files when downloaded on to my PC, as not many software apps support m4v as much as they do .mp4.

Last edited by ro_bro; 04-11-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: changing incorrect info in first post