PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-10-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc10][HORSE-STABLE]

is there a way to speed up the camera app starting up?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpat89 View Post
Also wondering, could my issues with lockups/random reboot have to do with custom splash & boot animation and maybe not the sz kernel or rom? I have it set up just like the nexus, where it says Google, then goes into the nexus boot animation
very possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_bro View Post
Hi,

For those of you claiming 30+ hours, are you counting hours on airplane mode? I get 12-14 hours before I hit around 10%, and that's with moderate use. I'm on the Tiamat 3.3.2 kernel with setcpu using 'smartass' governor, with a setting of 245/~1000.
i never used airplane mode once. when i hit my highest, i was using on demand governor with savaged-zen, i forget which version, min was 128, max was 998, facebook was set to sync every 4 hours, twitter every hour. gmail was push, and my gps was ALWAYS on. i have a post somewhere with the amount of calls, texts, and etc with a screenshot of the battery life and usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay89 View Post
Also Deck-

Y U NO RELEASE 1.0 YET?!
April 20th is the release date, tho i am playing with a few things and may do a pre-release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
is there a way to speed up the camera app starting up?
is it really that slow for you? mine fires up pretty quick, i cant complain.

-deck
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

757bred is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The only issue I'm having is also with the 4g icon not showing any bars, even though I'm connected to 4g.

Other than that, everything works great.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fanaticny is becoming a great contributor

Hey Dech, back when i had my TP I enjoyed every single one of your roms, I flashed your roms religiously everytime you released one. I came across your rom @SPJ and it was my first experience with gingerbread and just LOVE YOUR ROM!!!!!

I have a question, how do you make the stock browser display ALL sites in Desktop mode?? I've searched and searched and can't seem to find the right settings to change it.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

napoleontheruler is a n00b

my phone is laggy when i use tiamat 3.3.5 sbc kernel. i am also using the cm7 colormod theme and a themed launcher pro. is there an sbc kernel that plays wel with this rom
Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

dpg350 is a n00b

Is there anyway to keep the wifi from turning off while the screen is off? I have no reception in my house and use the wifi signal booster from sprint(forget the name of it) but when wifi turns off and it starts searching for signal it kills my battery over night and the battery is dead by morning. Thanks for any feedback. other than that, the rom is great. im loving the speed and functionality of it.

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't see the advanced menu in the wifi settings. I changed it to never turn off wifi. palm to face! ugh
Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

jstalford is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleontheruler View Post
my phone is laggy when i use tiamat 3.3.5 sbc kernel. i am also using the cm7 colormod theme and a themed launcher pro. is there an sbc kernel that plays wel with this rom
Some kernels place nice with certain phones, some do not, regardless of ROM. The only other SBC kernel is Savaged-Zen (mirror.savaged-zen.net). Try that one out. Tiamat works better for me though, although I usually just run stock.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
April 20th is the release date, tho i am playing with a few things and may do a pre-release.
Deck, I think you should delay the release so that we have more time to test RC10 and report bugs. However, a pre-release couldn't hurt.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
Hey all. Been a while since my last release of s3vo for the evo which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat and themes. Currently as i look at my phone, my battery stats have me at 31 hours and counting with 15% left. So battery life as you can tell was one of my main concerns. Everything works!!!

Current build is based off 2.3.3. and kernel 2.6.37.4 (thanks cm team). And YES it has Wimax AND HDMI Mirroring. (thanks teamwin)

There is *nothing* that doesnt work anymore. If an app that you are used to using from a 2.2/sense rom doesnt work, chances are that app hasnt been recompiled for gingerbread. Please bug the app author and not me
One question, just to clarify, when you say everything works, do you mean the 720p recording works!?! And GPS!?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

any pics???

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development