PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 4G Evo & Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thaisport_sf is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-7-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc9][STABL-ER]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
OK, I'm in. I'll try that one. I used the myn-warm2.2. I'll report back!

It is here by the way... I'm going to try the standalone and not the one with all the PRI updates and stuff.
Cool... I've used the full update one and it works fine. You actually want to make sure you have the latest pri, baseband, radio updates too b4 you go to gingerbread.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

raphenucleus is a n00b
Re: [4-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc8][STABLER]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
Also, please run this one for a few days and report battery life and hardware revision. Thanks everyone.

-deck
Just reporting on battery life. Hardware revision 0003. Been getting an estimated 30-40 hours with light to moderate use (I say estimated because it's usually around 40-50% when I go to sleep after about 18 hours of being unplugged; I don't usually run it down all the way). I've been getting similar battery life on all of the builds I've tried (started with RC6, currently running RC8 [RC9 came out so soon after RC8 that I didn't feel like setting everything up on my phone again]. Savaged Zen CFS HAVS with SBC latest kernel. Savaged Zen governor, no SetCPU. Min CPU: 128. Max CPU: 998. Juice Defender v3.4.7beta to toggle mobiledata off when screen is off. Rarely use 4g or wifi. Also, I haven't noticed anything that doesn't work (GPS, 4g, etc.)

BTW, love the ROM, Deck! Easily the happiest I've ever been with my phone! Keep up the good work! Thanks!

Last edited by raphenucleus; 04-08-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

nosing around for another ROM to satisfy my flash addiction...and would like to add the following (pls do correct me if I'm wrong...)

- GPS + Gingerbread + EVO hardware = no bueno...(if I remember the exact quote the "supersonic gps is a bit fluky) I am currently running a nightly for CM7...and have done the GPSCLR fix on a Sense ROM (on Calkulin's EViO) I have had on and off again problems since that fix about 15 nightlies and RC's ago. currently my GPS is functioning (not 100% properly...but works when I need it to work (maps/navigation...etc.))

- kernels are essentially the drivers for your multitudes for radios and the processor for your EVO...that's why it is SO closely tied into battery use. Underclocking/Undervolting OR Overclocking your device depends HEAVILY on which kernel you run. Since there are KNOWN different physical builds to our EVOs (hardware numbers/screens...etc) Kernel allowing one person to overclock their device to 1.21GHz may bootloop another's on the same exact ROM and Kernel. I would do as much research as possible before flashing different kernels...and MOST DEFINITELY nandroid backup your current build AND do know how to get into the your recovery from powering on in the event of a battery pull.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

mac_evo is a n00b

I came back after a few days off, still looking for the prefect GB ROM. This seems to be it - once the GPS is fixed. Came from a SENSE ROM with fully functional GPS that would lock inside my house - once again on this ROM, no go on the GPS - even after doing the "fix" before leaving the SENSE ROM. I will keep checking back - because I find everything else on this ROM perfect. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My GPS still sucks and when I make a phone call I have to press and unpress mute in order for anyone to be able to hear me. Im on RC9 with the same issues that I had with RC7 and RC8. I have done full wipes and have also flashed back to other ROMs and not had these issues. Also what happened to the ability to update stuff like PRL and the ability to use ##DATA#? I cant use any ## codes.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 04-08-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Is it possible for you to maintain a changelog to see if it's really worth it to update to the latest build?
thanks for the rom anyway.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757bred View Post
Love the Rom, but I have 2 questions/issues.

1. I keep getting a "V30 voicemail error", and the voicemail icon won't go away. Can I use the voicemail.apk that is on the first page to fix this, or do I need to backup a working one and restore that?

2. Also, I did the GPS fix, and GPS can locate me and everything. But when I use Maps to navigate, it keeps saying searching for gps, even though it shows my progress on a map. It won't audibly give me turn by turn directions. Is this normal?

Again, I appreciate the work and love the ROM overall.
the voicemail you will need to back it up from a working rom. alot of us have been working on a fix for this for it to work out of the box, nothing yet, but have faith! As for gps, my gps is 100% i flashed to caulkins evio 2 rom and did the trick back at rc2 or 3. i have never had a problem since. instant lock inside or outside, navigation works flawless and is accurate to 3 meters which usualy has me exactly where i am. Im not sure why some people are having problems with gps still. tho i just cooked up rc10 with fixes to bluetooth and 'hopefully' fix to gps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtDMonet View Post
I'm not really a noob, but I'm not an expert. I've flashed roms since my TP2 days. I use 4G tether quite a bit, so I am hesitant to flash RC9 right now (I used CM4 & CM7 for a while, figured I'd come back when it was a little more stable, as I really like the stock GB AOSP. Honestly I can't remember what rom I'm on, as I switched to SPB Shell (kind of enjoy it) and forgot if I was on a Sense or an AOSP rom.

One borderline noob question -- I hear all this talk about kernels,etc and I really don't know what that means, or how to change them independent of flashing a rom. I generally, download a rom, boot into recovery and flash zip file. I'm not really sure how any of this effects my kernel. My current Kernal version (from settings/about phone) is 2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2 #15. All I know about that is that if I have my phone unplugged, I get about 30 seconds of battery life (I'm exaggerating a little). I would love to try this Timat 3.3.5 but I have no idea what that means, or how to do it.

Can someone help me understand it a little better? Does the flash-fix for Hulu work on this?
tiamat kernel is for aosp roms. you would need a sense kernel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satur9 View Post
I am not the best person to answer your question as I am a genuine neophyte myself (Evo=1st rooted phone), but since no one else has responded I can get you started.

Kernels are flashed just like ROMs. My understanding is ROMs always come w/a kernel, but other kernels can be used separately. Just search on xda for Evo 4g kernels or Tiamat (most popular GB kernel, it seems). You will find the threads/files no trouble. Always Nandroid before changing anything, but my understanding is you shouldn't hurt anything as long as you have a solid backup. It seems you need to run the kernel for several charge cycles, if not days prior to noticing a change (I have yet to give them that much time).

Stay away from "SBC" kernels until you know more about them. Look for "no-sbc" versions (not hard to find).

I am confused as to whether nand backups backup the kernel or not. I have read conflicting information on this, so if someone else can provide the answer, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
personally, my honest opinion, sbc is safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
Hum. Still no GPS even after a full wipe and fresh install. GPS works on Froyo for me but not on GB (second ROM with no GPS). Well, I'll have to keep reading to see what I can find.
as stated above, i am not sure if you guys arew missing a step, but gps should be working 100% if the trick has been done. maybe dont restore to a nandroid, and wipe and reflash after the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaisport_sf View Post
Hmm... Which rom did you use for the fix? Personally I've used Sprint Lover's ROM for the fix. I've read somewhere that some people have had issues with other sense roms. Sprint Lover's is probably the closest to stock you can get. Maybe give that a try for the fix.
caulkins evio 2 rom. i confirm it worked perfected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
Is it possible for you to maintain a changelog to see if it's really worth it to update to the latest build?
thanks for the rom anyway.
i have been putting a short changelog in the posts that i have announced a release. maybe i can tighten up a little better and get something going.

hope this helps a little, tho im not sure why most people are having flawless gps and some are flakey. still looking into it. not sure when i am gonna drop rc10 since the last 2 releases have been back to back basically. not trying to overload you guys with updates, but i guess i could upload it if you want.

-deck
Old 04-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I say release RC10 and give us the option to upgrade. Are you incorporating all the latest commits from the CM nightlies into RC10 or not?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ZepticVillager is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
not sure when i am gonna drop rc10 since the last 2 releases have been back to back basically. not trying to overload you guys with updates, but i guess i could upload it if you want.

-deck
Sure, upload it. I was just about to flash!

The last one I flashed was rc7 and my GPS was fine (post-fix), but I still had problems with 4G cutting out for no reason. The icon would stay lit, but after several minutes the connection would drop and wouldn't reconnect until after a reboot. I flashed back to OMJ's Froyo rom and this problem went away.

I'll try your next drop and see what happens.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

Kernelgate update- Tiamat 3.3.5 has given me hope. 6 hours off the charger at work- 67% battery life. Going to turn 4G on and see how that drains this last 2 hours

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development