View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 PM
amw1972
Jailbroken and rooted

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-7-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc9][STABL-ER]

nosing around for another ROM to satisfy my flash addiction...and would like to add the following (pls do correct me if I'm wrong...)

- GPS + Gingerbread + EVO hardware = no bueno...(if I remember the exact quote the "supersonic gps is a bit fluky) I am currently running a nightly for CM7...and have done the GPSCLR fix on a Sense ROM (on Calkulin's EViO) I have had on and off again problems since that fix about 15 nightlies and RC's ago. currently my GPS is functioning (not 100% properly...but works when I need it to work (maps/navigation...etc.))

- kernels are essentially the drivers for your multitudes for radios and the processor for your EVO...that's why it is SO closely tied into battery use. Underclocking/Undervolting OR Overclocking your device depends HEAVILY on which kernel you run. Since there are KNOWN different physical builds to our EVOs (hardware numbers/screens...etc) Kernel allowing one person to overclock their device to 1.21GHz may bootloop another's on the same exact ROM and Kernel. I would do as much research as possible before flashing different kernels...and MOST DEFINITELY nandroid backup your current build AND do know how to get into the your recovery from powering on in the event of a battery pull.