View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 PM
deck
ppc pimp. :D
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: [4-7-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc9][STABL-ER]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757bred View Post
Love the Rom, but I have 2 questions/issues.

1. I keep getting a "V30 voicemail error", and the voicemail icon won't go away. Can I use the voicemail.apk that is on the first page to fix this, or do I need to backup a working one and restore that?

2. Also, I did the GPS fix, and GPS can locate me and everything. But when I use Maps to navigate, it keeps saying searching for gps, even though it shows my progress on a map. It won't audibly give me turn by turn directions. Is this normal?

Again, I appreciate the work and love the ROM overall.
the voicemail you will need to back it up from a working rom. alot of us have been working on a fix for this for it to work out of the box, nothing yet, but have faith! As for gps, my gps is 100% i flashed to caulkins evio 2 rom and did the trick back at rc2 or 3. i have never had a problem since. instant lock inside or outside, navigation works flawless and is accurate to 3 meters which usualy has me exactly where i am. Im not sure why some people are having problems with gps still. tho i just cooked up rc10 with fixes to bluetooth and 'hopefully' fix to gps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtDMonet View Post
I'm not really a noob, but I'm not an expert. I've flashed roms since my TP2 days. I use 4G tether quite a bit, so I am hesitant to flash RC9 right now (I used CM4 & CM7 for a while, figured I'd come back when it was a little more stable, as I really like the stock GB AOSP. Honestly I can't remember what rom I'm on, as I switched to SPB Shell (kind of enjoy it) and forgot if I was on a Sense or an AOSP rom.

One borderline noob question -- I hear all this talk about kernels,etc and I really don't know what that means, or how to change them independent of flashing a rom. I generally, download a rom, boot into recovery and flash zip file. I'm not really sure how any of this effects my kernel. My current Kernal version (from settings/about phone) is 2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2 #15. All I know about that is that if I have my phone unplugged, I get about 30 seconds of battery life (I'm exaggerating a little). I would love to try this Timat 3.3.5 but I have no idea what that means, or how to do it.

Can someone help me understand it a little better? Does the flash-fix for Hulu work on this?
tiamat kernel is for aosp roms. you would need a sense kernel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satur9 View Post
I am not the best person to answer your question as I am a genuine neophyte myself (Evo=1st rooted phone), but since no one else has responded I can get you started.

Kernels are flashed just like ROMs. My understanding is ROMs always come w/a kernel, but other kernels can be used separately. Just search on xda for Evo 4g kernels or Tiamat (most popular GB kernel, it seems). You will find the threads/files no trouble. Always Nandroid before changing anything, but my understanding is you shouldn't hurt anything as long as you have a solid backup. It seems you need to run the kernel for several charge cycles, if not days prior to noticing a change (I have yet to give them that much time).

Stay away from "SBC" kernels until you know more about them. Look for "no-sbc" versions (not hard to find).

I am confused as to whether nand backups backup the kernel or not. I have read conflicting information on this, so if someone else can provide the answer, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
personally, my honest opinion, sbc is safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
Hum. Still no GPS even after a full wipe and fresh install. GPS works on Froyo for me but not on GB (second ROM with no GPS). Well, I'll have to keep reading to see what I can find.
as stated above, i am not sure if you guys arew missing a step, but gps should be working 100% if the trick has been done. maybe dont restore to a nandroid, and wipe and reflash after the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaisport_sf View Post
Hmm... Which rom did you use for the fix? Personally I've used Sprint Lover's ROM for the fix. I've read somewhere that some people have had issues with other sense roms. Sprint Lover's is probably the closest to stock you can get. Maybe give that a try for the fix.
caulkins evio 2 rom. i confirm it worked perfected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
Is it possible for you to maintain a changelog to see if it's really worth it to update to the latest build?
thanks for the rom anyway.
i have been putting a short changelog in the posts that i have announced a release. maybe i can tighten up a little better and get something going.

hope this helps a little, tho im not sure why most people are having flawless gps and some are flakey. still looking into it. not sure when i am gonna drop rc10 since the last 2 releases have been back to back basically. not trying to overload you guys with updates, but i guess i could upload it if you want.

-deck