PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My video chat for yahoo messenger doesn't work. It that a an issue with gingerbread?

Cooler than your EVO
Old 05-22-2011, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical
Re: [5-*22-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2i][2.3.4 Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
My video chat for yahoo messenger doesn't work. It that a an issue with gingerbread?

Cooler than your EVO
No its not. Ive had it working and use it all the time. Are you on i build?
Recovery: Amon RA 2.3
ROM: EVO-Deck Gingerbread
Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pizlam is a n00b

Hi all,

I am having a major problem. I have been using Deck Roms since RC8... I just downloaded the new 1.2g and noticed that touch to talk program is not working (this is very important for my work) On the FAQs of touch to talk, they mentioned that the problem is that my 10 digit phone number is stored incorrectly and that I should call my carrier to see if they can fix it.

I called sprint and they asked me to do a couple of diagnostics including reprogramming my phone using ##846951# The phone did not want to go into manual reprogramming even with different numbers. So after a while on the phone, I gave up and restored back to a Deck 1.0 backup which was working for at least a month.

later I noticed that I was not getting or able to send phone or text. I fully wiped my phone and started fresh to no avail. Updated all radios...nothing. Called sprint again and they could not help me.

Now I can't make or receive any calls... I also can not enter manual programming mode....I also noticed that my phone number and a MIN number are NOT THE SAME...please help resolve this as this is my work phone...thanks in advance

Mr. Piz
Old 05-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I'm was on 1.0, just flashed 1.2. Maybe it will fix it. It also deleted most of my folders on the sd

Cooler than your EVO
Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started
Anyone know how he got the LED on the right part of the top speaker, never even know that was there till this rom.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizlam View Post
Hi all,

I am having a major problem. I have been using Deck Roms since RC8... I just downloaded the new 1.2g and noticed that touch to talk program is not working (this is very important for my work) On the FAQs of touch to talk, they mentioned that the problem is that my 10 digit phone number is stored incorrectly and that I should call my carrier to see if they can fix it.

I called sprint and they asked me to do a couple of diagnostics including reprogramming my phone using ##846951# The phone did not want to go into manual reprogramming even with different numbers. So after a while on the phone, I gave up and restored back to a Deck 1.0 backup which was working for at least a month.

later I noticed that I was not getting or able to send phone or text. I fully wiped my phone and started fresh to no avail. Updated all radios...nothing. Called sprint again and they could not help me.

Now I can't make or receive any calls... I also can not enter manual programming mode....I also noticed that my phone number and a MIN number are NOT THE SAME...please help resolve this as this is my work phone...thanks in advance

Mr. Piz
If I remember correctly 1.0 is 2.2 and 1.2g is 2.3.3. That program may have a problem with gingerbread. I don't use the program so that is my best guess.

If you want to go into the programming menu you need to be on a Sense ROM.

Your phone number and MIN number don't have to be the same

I would flash a Sense ROM and update everything and make sure you can send and receive text messages along with phone calls. Then you can move back to 1.0 and see if everything works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post
Anyone know how he got the LED on the right part of the top speaker, never even know that was there till this rom.

Sprint never included a way to use it. Someone found out it was included and enabled it. There is a program that lets you customize it.

WiMAX Message Notifier redux [Updated 2011-01-30] - xda-developers
Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

bimzrus is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelfp1 View Post
did the Market start working for you?

Protected apps are still missing from mine, but only on WiFi; not even switching the Vending.apk fixed it for me....
Are you guys deleting your cashes and do you flash gapps. do you sign in with a gmail account cause I have never experienced that issue yet

Old 05-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post

That function has been around for a while. I can't recall who first developed it, but it was actually done and working for Sense roms. Same dev also got the notifications widget working. There are threads in xda Eco themes and apps section.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

mikejwf is just getting started

No, 1.0 is 2.3.3 and 1.2 and up is 2.3.4
Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

miguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to miguelfp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimzrus View Post
Are you guys deleting your cashes and do you flash gapps. do you sign in with a gmail account cause I have never experienced that issue yet

happens even after fully wiping, only on WiFi for me, maybe having to do with having a Puerto Rico IP address, though I haven't experienced that on any other ROM, and as I told deck, happened with the last two GApps (the ones I tried), and even after switching the Vending.apk.

I'm basically way beyond the normal troubleshooting steps, and submitted a ticket to the new issue tracker.

nonetheless, thanks for your help

If one of my posts helped you, don't forget to click !!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development