PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADC View Post
Basically when the phone goes into sleep mode screen goes black, in order to get to the slider lock I have to push the power button to wake up so to speak. once to the slider unlock I just hit menu to unlock no need to slide. My issue is waking the phone up, I have to really hold the power button for it to wake up and i always get the option to reboot, power off, recovery.....sorry hope that makes sense.
it sounds like you want a way to unlock the phone without touching the screen using a hardware button.

---

in regards to v1.1, with tiamet 3.3.7 for me at least, this version seems much peppier compared to v1.0. WiMAX/4G seems a tad stronger as well. Everything seems to work, 4G, Wireless HotSpot, and Camera. WiMAX icon for all included theme's show as the standard green, but at least its a signal vs send receive icon.

i have nothing bad to report! so far so good! thanks a lot DECK!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Andy Peplow is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi33 View Post
I had the same problem with LP 0.8.4 Pro on Release 1.0 and tiamat 3.3.8 SBC. I had to press the power button twice. Now I am on Release 1.1 with the stock kernel and do NOT have this problem. So i dont know if it was the upgrade or the kernel that fixed it. Also I just wiped cache and davlik for the upgrade.
Some are wiping Full then upgrading to 1.1 from 1.0. How is yours running with just wiping cache/delvik?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegakai View Post
hey guys is there a calender out there that syncs with google and facebook thats like htc sense with the same features of that that would be good for this rom?
An alternative option:
  1. Go to Facebook
  2. Click on Events shown on the left
  3. Click "Export Events" on the bottom & copy the link it gives you.
  4. Go to your Google calendar & on the left under "Other calendars", click "Add", and select "Add by URL".
  5. Paste the link from Facebook and click the "Add to calendar" button
  6. You should see your newly added calendar on the left
  7. Hit the drop down arrow, and click "Calendar settings".
  8. Rename the calendar to "Facebook" or whatever you want and click the "save" button
  9. You can click the drop down next to the Facebook calendar once again, and choose the color of your preference.

It will now sync, good luck.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: MetorPCS

JADC is a n00b

Again thanks to all for the tips, will look into this and report back.

For the record it sure is nice to be on a forum where people actually help promptly and not days later....Great Job guys!!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

dpg350 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADC View Post
Basically when the phone goes into sleep mode screen goes black, in order to get to the slider lock I have to push the power button to wake up so to speak. once to the slider unlock I just hit menu to unlock no need to slide. My issue is waking the phone up, I have to really hold the power button for it to wake up and i always get the option to reboot, power off, recovery.....sorry hope that makes sense.
i know exactly what you're saying. it happens to me every once in a while. when you hit the power button to unlock the screen is still black for some reason. basically just run your finger across the black screen as you would to unlock it and you'll see the screen turn on as you finish swiping. its weird but the touch screen will work once you hit the power button. ive had this happen with other roms as well. i think it may have to do with certain kernels maybe?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Peplow View Post
Some are wiping Full then upgrading to 1.1 from 1.0. How is yours running with just wiping cache/delvik?
havent had an issue yet. it actually seems quicker. everything works that ive tried using, though i havent used ghcat video yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg350 View Post
i know exactly what you're saying. it happens to me every once in a while. when you hit the power button to unlock the screen is still black for some reason. basically just run your finger across the black screen as you would to unlock it and you'll see the screen turn on as you finish swiping. its weird but the touch screen will work once you hit the power button. ive had this happen with other roms as well. i think it may have to do with certain kernels maybe?
I think it's because of the HAVS settings in the kernel. If you keep it set to aggressively undervolt, it will do things like drop 3G and run games a little slower until you start using them since it's trying to save as much battery as possible.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

anybody having issues with some websites not loading directly when tethered to a computer?

say i goto www.gmail.com, it will not load and keep saying unreachable, but if i search through google and click through "cached" then log in, i will appropriately log into gmail and have no issues further.

this happens sporatically, and with different sites in general. maybe its due to market app adfree that i installed? gonna try to revert changes and uninstall to validate if adfree caused this issue.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b
Ok...my issue is that my apps didn't restore in market after the fresh install. This is the 1st time this has happened 2 me on a Deck rom. What's up with that? M I the only 1 who's experienced this on 1.1 wit gapps 5-4-2011 (without voicemail...since I have it backed up with Titanium Backup)?

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.

Last edited by BrooMann; 05-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

teejay89 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
Ok...my issue is that my apps didn't restore in market after the fresh install. This is the 1st time this has happened 2 me on a Deck rom. What's up with that? M I the only 1 who's experienced this on 1.1 wit 050411 gapps (without voicemail...since I have it backed up with Titanium Backup)?

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.
Happened to me as well. All data and everything came in fine, but it didn't restore my apps. Not that I care that much- it took maybe 5 minutes to get everything up and running again

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development