PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BrooMann is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In Spare Parts...Battery history...Sensor usage...

GPS Status: 7h 52m 19s
Maps: 2h 45m 40s
Android system: 2h 3m 31s

These seem crazy high...don't they? Or is it just me?

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Deck,

How about adding in the option to set long press on the back button to kill app?

just a thought...

Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

motzvi is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Deck,

How about adding in the option to set long press on the back button to kill app?

just a thought...
go to , settings - applications - development

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SouthernEvo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
In Spare Parts...Battery history...Sensor usage...

GPS Status: 7h 52m 19s
Maps: 2h 45m 40s
Android system: 2h 3m 31s

These seem crazy high...don't they? Or is it just me?

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.
And Let me guess you have an unusually high "Android System" usage showing on your screen . Wait till you make a phone call it will spike even higher the longer the call . Im suspecting there is something not right with the sensors . It seems each newer variation of GB it progressively gets more so . I noticed it early on Salvage Mod's GB as well as R2Droid's OMGB build as well . The later of the two does not give you access to spare parts sensor usage screens . Like previously stated in an earlier post I can make a 45 min phone call and my android system is sitting at 89+% . I was told this is normal , oddly enough I have seen other phones running aosp (Nexus S) that after making a phone call Android system usage does not spike that high . Unfortunatley I checked logcat and was not able to find any errors in the system . But I firmly believe the issue is in the sensors or the drivers for the sensors or how the os manages the sensors .

Last edited by SouthernEvo; 05-08-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

getwet is a n00b

just installed this and it looks great one question how do i sync with outlook on a pc?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is the GPS working better on the new versions ... i know with some past versions GPS was spotty for a few ... there was a fix that worked for some but others stated that still wasnt that accurate ... is this still present ...?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hachiroku is just getting started

in regards to many you stating that GPS is using a lot of battery life the same occurs for me. what i have been doing though is killing all apps before i turn off my screen or as i power up my phone. this kills the GPS sensor within a few minute and helps a lot with battery life.

gps like stated above has been better than ever. my gps lock is almost instantaneous and runs great. the gps fix as noted for CM7 works great. as posted by cyanomod, the HTC EVO has an issue with its GPS coding, so we will always tend to be plagued with having to do the GPS fix until custom code can be developed.

i'm on v1.1 with tiamet 3.3.7 sbc
set cpu settings at idle to 128mhz
and using custom proximity/screen brightness settings as i have posted earlier.

i have zero complaints with battery life with this rom. it is the best thing to happen to this phone since its introduction. the standard kernel that is included with the rom does not share the same battery longevity as when using tiamet 3.3.7.

Last edited by hachiroku; 05-09-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SouthernEvo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
in regards to many you stating that GPS is using a lot of battery life the same occurs for me. what i have been doing though is killing all apps before i turn off my screen or as i power up my phone. this kills the GPS sensor within a few minute and helps a lot with battery life.

gps like stated above has been better than ever. my gps lock is almost instantaneous and runs great. the gps fix as noted for CM7 works great. as posted by cyanomod, the HTC EVO has an issue with its GPS coding, so we will always tend to be plagued with having to do the GPS fix until custom code can be developed.

i'm on v1.1 with tiamet 3.3.7 sbc
set cpu settings at idle to 128mhz
and using custom proximity/screen brightness settings as i have posted earlier.

i have zero complaints with battery life with this rom. it is the best thing to happen to this phone since its introduction. the standard kernel that is included with the rom does not share the same battery longevity as when using tiamet 3.3.7.
Im not expierencing any battery life issues . Just unusually large spikes in Android system usage especially after making a phone call . Logic would dictate "Voice calls" should skyrocket not android system when you place or receive a call . But to further backup my arguement was the fact in spare parts sensor usage was the same duration as the phone call . I can only figure that would involve the proximity sensor . I checked your previous posts and was undable to find the custom proximity/screen brightness settings . Unless I over looked it I will look again .
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEvo View Post
Im not expierencing any battery life issues . Just unusually large spikes in Android system usage especially after making a phone call . Logic would dictate "Voice calls" should skyrocket not android system when you place or receive a call . But to further backup my arguement was the fact in spare parts sensor usage was the same duration as the phone call . I can only figure that would involve the proximity sensor . I checked your previous posts and was undable to find the custom proximity/screen brightness settings . Unless I over looked it I will look again .

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...st2089251.html

i've been contemplating setting the adjustment seconds to be a larger timeframe, but am pretty happy with the settings as of now. there is mild flickering when screen dims or brightens from full low to full high and vise versa. if this bugs you this set the adjustment window's to a larger length.

Sample Interval: 5s
Decrease Hysteresis: 20%

the way our EVO's are designed, the proximity brightness sensor is a bit sunk into the phone's screen. if i were to design this i would have not have the sensor sunk and add a tint to the screen as a filter. that way the light that the sensor actually picks up will be more accurate as the sensor is overly sensitive.

if you have issues of the screen becoming dim when it should not, simply tilt your phone face more towards the sky. the sensor will pickup the lighting and readjust within a few seconds. this mainly occurs when you're indoor with florescent lighting.

Last edited by hachiroku; 05-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i dunno if anybody else is having this issue, but the camera focus with v1.1 has gotten worse.

i've downloaded every camera app on the market, and neither provides a better picture than the stock camera app. so i am beginning to think possibly it isnt the app but some core coding? the camera now doesn't even focus appropriately. it completes the action, but seems like it doesn't know what its doing as all pictures are blurry.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development