hachiroku
PPCGeeks Regular

hachiroku is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEvo View Post
Im not expierencing any battery life issues . Just unusually large spikes in Android system usage especially after making a phone call . Logic would dictate "Voice calls" should skyrocket not android system when you place or receive a call . But to further backup my arguement was the fact in spare parts sensor usage was the same duration as the phone call . I can only figure that would involve the proximity sensor . I checked your previous posts and was undable to find the custom proximity/screen brightness settings . Unless I over looked it I will look again .

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...st2089251.html

i've been contemplating setting the adjustment seconds to be a larger timeframe, but am pretty happy with the settings as of now. there is mild flickering when screen dims or brightens from full low to full high and vise versa. if this bugs you this set the adjustment window's to a larger length.

Sample Interval: 5s
Decrease Hysteresis: 20%

the way our EVO's are designed, the proximity brightness sensor is a bit sunk into the phone's screen. if i were to design this i would have not have the sensor sunk and add a tint to the screen as a filter. that way the light that the sensor actually picks up will be more accurate as the sensor is overly sensitive.

if you have issues of the screen becoming dim when it should not, simply tilt your phone face more towards the sky. the sensor will pickup the lighting and readjust within a few seconds. this mainly occurs when you're indoor with florescent lighting.

Last edited by hachiroku; 05-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.