SouthernEvo
Lurker

SouthernEvo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
in regards to many you stating that GPS is using a lot of battery life the same occurs for me. what i have been doing though is killing all apps before i turn off my screen or as i power up my phone. this kills the GPS sensor within a few minute and helps a lot with battery life.

gps like stated above has been better than ever. my gps lock is almost instantaneous and runs great. the gps fix as noted for CM7 works great. as posted by cyanomod, the HTC EVO has an issue with its GPS coding, so we will always tend to be plagued with having to do the GPS fix until custom code can be developed.

i'm on v1.1 with tiamet 3.3.7 sbc
set cpu settings at idle to 128mhz
and using custom proximity/screen brightness settings as i have posted earlier.

i have zero complaints with battery life with this rom. it is the best thing to happen to this phone since its introduction. the standard kernel that is included with the rom does not share the same battery longevity as when using tiamet 3.3.7.
Im not expierencing any battery life issues . Just unusually large spikes in Android system usage especially after making a phone call . Logic would dictate "Voice calls" should skyrocket not android system when you place or receive a call . But to further backup my arguement was the fact in spare parts sensor usage was the same duration as the phone call . I can only figure that would involve the proximity sensor . I checked your previous posts and was undable to find the custom proximity/screen brightness settings . Unless I over looked it I will look again .