PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BrooMann is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-21-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2g][2.3.4 Beta]

No voicemail notification here....but 4G still doesn't work from the power control widget.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

On ROM G, even after updating to the latest radio combo pack, I was unable to pick up any 4G network in Louisville today. I did pick it up a couple weeks ago on another rom. Granted, Louisville is limited to the west end, but I drove through twice and picked up nothing. It also seems to sit and search forever. It never times out.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I'm having a weird issue. When I receive a call it asks do I want to accept the call from whoever after i use the rotor to accept. Why can't I just pick up the call?

Cooler than your EVO
Old 05-21-2011, 06:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

The Viz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I'm having a weird issue. When I receive a call it asks do I want to accept the call from whoever after i use the rotor to accept. Why can't I just pick up the call?

Cooler than your EVO
Do you have Google Voice emabled? That might be whats causing the problem.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I figured it out, Google voice was screening my calls.

Btw, anyway to get the sense dialer and contact sync on this the way virus has on his aosp rom? I like having the current pic and stuff. Fb app doesn't cut it.

Cooler than your EVO
Old 05-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

lordtinuviel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelfp1 View Post
did the Market start working for you?

Protected apps are still missing from mine, but only on WiFi; not even switching the Vending.apk fixed it for me....
sort of, I manage to install most of the apps that wasnt showing up...except for youtube, anyone have tha .apk?

on a side note...

is theer a way to delete some of the panels, windows...I have 5 screen I want only 3, is that possible? one more thing, can I edit the names of the apps (os the shortcuts) like I have Handcent SMS, I want to show only SMS

thanks
Old 05-21-2011, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,Touch,TP2,Hero,Pre,Evo,Evo Shift,Evo 3d

undarated is keeping up the good workundarated is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
No voicemail notification here....but 4G still doesn't work from the power control widget.
The 4g power control widget does work for me although it is a little quirky. it showed the 4g bar connected but actually took longer to connect than going thru network settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post
On ROM G, even after updating to the latest radio combo pack, I was unable to pick up any 4G network in Louisville today. I did pick it up a couple weeks ago on another rom. Granted, Louisville is limited to the west end, but I drove through twice and picked up nothing. It also seems to sit and search forever. It never times out.
I flashed the same combo pack today and it hasn't caused any issues at all. Although I just found out yesterday morning that there is 4g here in central va of all places and i never would've known if i hadn't been poking and probing on my phone. I'm gonna upload some screenies of the speedtest and what you will notice is a huge speed difference between the two screenies. The 1st is a screenie of my fiancess hw003 evo last night and then my hw004 today sitting in the exact same spot. im by far no rocket scientist but im pretty sure not that many people around here know we "haz the wimacks" to be stunting the speeds like this. maybe im just not holding my mouth or the phone right. who knows.

good luck on getting all of this sorted out fellas because honestly Deck has done a helluva job here with this rom and if i wasnt about to pack my fam up and move i'd donate. been running this rom since pre5 or something like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fiancee's speed test.jpg (6.7 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg undarated's speed test.jpg (6.6 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

lordtinuviel is a n00b

also cant install flash, I see it in the market but my phone is not listed, the same as with youtube
Old 05-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Master Kimosabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtinuviel View Post
sort of, I manage to install most of the apps that wasnt showing up...except for youtube, anyone have tha .apk?

on a side note...

is theer a way to delete some of the panels, windows...I have 5 screen I want only 3, is that possible? one more thing, can I edit the names of the apps (os the shortcuts) like I have Handcent SMS, I want to show only SMS

thanks
For the panel issue, i deleted adw and I use launcher pro. Its under homescreen options

Cooler than your EVO
Old 05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Master Kimosabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by undarated View Post
The 4g power control widget does work for me although it is a little quirky. it showed the 4g bar connected but actually took longer to connect than going thru network settings.

I flashed the same combo pack today and it hasn't caused any issues at all. Although I just found out yesterday morning that there is 4g here in central va of all places and i never would've known if i hadn't been poking and probing on my phone. I'm gonna upload some screenies of the speedtest and what you will notice is a huge speed difference between the two screenies. The 1st is a screenie of my fiancess hw003 evo last night and then my hw004 today sitting in the exact same spot. im by far no rocket scientist but im pretty sure not that many people around here know we "haz the wimacks" to be stunting the speeds like this. maybe im just not holding my mouth or the phone right. who knows.

good luck on getting all of this sorted out fellas because honestly Deck has done a helluva job here with this rom and if i wasnt about to pack my fam up and move i'd donate. been running this rom since pre5 or something like that.
Those screens have wifi on, no 4g icon. 4mb up is impossible since sprint capped us all at 1mb

Cooler than your EVO

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development