PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

[QUOTE=mswlogo;2046685]Great ROM and Work.

I just installed this ROM and have a couple questions and suggestions:

1) Is the Sprint WIFI Tether App safe to use with out it enabled on your account?/QUOTE]

Yes, but like someone else had pointed out... it will only work with the 3g connection. If you want to use the 4G then use the Wireless Tether app that comes with the ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
2) Which Wifi Tether App is better, the Wifi Tether Rooted or the Sprint one?
This is a matter of choice... do you have 4G in your area? If so, then I would stick with the App... it will allow you to use this connection.

Quote:
3) I'm getting com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. This may be due to some things I Froze with Titanium Backup. But possibly not. Any ideas?
It sounds like you might be using an App Manager/ Task Manager... if so I would check to see if you can add this to the ignore list. If you are not using a manager then the problem lies with your FB account. Go to the Account & Sync> Facebook and remove the account. After that add it back and see what happens.

Quote:
4) Can I call the Reboot Menu App from a Shortcut? Otherwise I must install QuickBoot.
Just hold down the power button and it will bring up the menu... otherwise you will need to install the App.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lou2004 is just getting started
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

hi, how do I install the update patch? do i have to rename it to update.zip and do it in recovery? Thanks~
Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2004 View Post
hi, how do I install the update patch? do i have to rename it to update.zip and do it in recovery? Thanks~
Go into recovery . Choose intall from zipfile. then choose the patch

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

rom x is a n00b

running this rom on a hardware version 004. and i am looking for a kernal that will give the best battery life for my hardware version. anyone have any suggs?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
Just my two cents, but I think Chris' idea was to keep the ROM as stock as possible but at the same time adding a little extra functionality. All those apps, like you mentioned, are available via the Market for those that want it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Exactly! That was worth more than two cents btw. No sense in clustering up this Sprint Rom with apps you can easily find and install from the market yourself. Not everybody wants misc apps pre-installed. Go install what you like. This Rom is intended to be a stock look and feel but with some popular and useful modificatipns that most everybody wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Aman Ra now requires you to toggle signature verification when you use an unsigned rom. You will see that prompt when you select install a .zip from SD card.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question about my issue! I was really annoyed by this signature thing.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b

I finally tried to install this rom for the first time and I am having no luck. I am fully rooted on the original 2.1 stock rom and when I boot into recovery it gets to the part where it loads "pc36img" and after it loads instead of getting an option to install, it just goes back to the recovery menu. If I go to recovery, after wiping all system data I try to install the rom by selecting "install zip from sd card" and when I select the pc36img it acts like it's installing for about 2 seconds then goes back to the recovery menu. Am I doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash007 View Post
I finally tried to install this rom for the first time and I am having no luck. I am fully rooted on the original 2.1 stock rom and when I boot into recovery it gets to the part where it loads "pc36img" and after it loads instead of getting an option to install, it just goes back to the recovery menu. If I go to recovery, after wiping all system data I try to install the rom by selecting "install zip from sd card" and when I select the pc36img it acts like it's installing for about 2 seconds then goes back to the recovery menu. Am I doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Which custom recovery are you using? Which root method did you use? I highly recommend RA recovery 2.2.1 or newer. It sounds like your problem is a bad zip file or incompatible recovery. Either way it should be an easy fix.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b

I rooted using unrevoked and am using clockwork recovery 2.5.01. I installed rom manager and updated to the latest clockwork recovery and then to RA 2.2.1, and in rom manager it says that I have that recovery installed, but when I boot to recovery it still says ClockworkMod recovery v2.5.0.1.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I rooted using unrevoked and am using clockwork recovery 2.5.01. I installed rom manager and updated to the latest clockwork recovery and then to RA 2.2.1, and in rom manager it says that I have that recovery installed, but when I boot to recovery it still says ClockworkMod recovery v2.5.0.1.
That's your problem, RA recovery didn't flash properly. My advice is to unroot then reroot with unrevoked then immediately manually flash Ra recovery zip file with clockwork recovery that is installed during the root process. That's what I do and it never fails. Search for the flashable ra recovery zip file and reroot and start over fresh. Good luck.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 01-30-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Your problem is, you are rooted with the original unrevoked and you don't have the s-off. You need to run the latest unrevoked so that you can become fully rooted. The old unrevoked basically gave you super user access and not full root. Since you haven't updated to Froyo yet you have 2 choices. Unroot and take the OTA update from Sprint and then reroot with Unrevoked 3.32 or try to use Unrevoked 3.32 in your current state and if it works you will be fully rooted and you can install Sprint Lovers.

Sprint Lovers is an unsigned rom as are most custom roms and using the original Unrevoked that was used prior to Froyo it didn't give you full root so you aren't able to install unsigned roms.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development