View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 AM
cruise350
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash007 View Post
I rooted using unrevoked and am using clockwork recovery 2.5.01. I installed rom manager and updated to the latest clockwork recovery and then to RA 2.2.1, and in rom manager it says that I have that recovery installed, but when I boot to recovery it still says ClockworkMod recovery v2.5.0.1.
Your problem is, you are rooted with the original unrevoked and you don't have the s-off. You need to run the latest unrevoked so that you can become fully rooted. The old unrevoked basically gave you super user access and not full root. Since you haven't updated to Froyo yet you have 2 choices. Unroot and take the OTA update from Sprint and then reroot with Unrevoked 3.32 or try to use Unrevoked 3.32 in your current state and if it works you will be fully rooted and you can install Sprint Lovers.

Sprint Lovers is an unsigned rom as are most custom roms and using the original Unrevoked that was used prior to Froyo it didn't give you full root so you aren't able to install unsigned roms.
This post has been thanked 2 times.