PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 10/04/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Chris, great ROM!!!
The only issues that I have had with it was the Swype was erroring out on boot up (used the stand alone), which is no biggie… I just removed it as I don’t use it. Also, it seems that the app reboot now (a soft booting app) has stopped working. More specifically the app starts and grants superuser but will never reboot the phone. I have tried different reboot apps with the same result. Is there anything that I might be able to look at to solve this?

Also, what ver. ## of the wi-max should I be running right now? I tried to install the stand alones and it told me that the version on the phone was the same as the one I d/l.

Last edited by Count_Chockula; 10-05-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: correction
Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] 10/04/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
Chris, great ROM!!!
The only issues that I have had with it was the Swype was erroring out on boot up (used the stand alone), which is no biggie… I just removed it as I don’t use it. Also, it seems that the app reboot now (a soft booting app) has stopped working. More specifically the app starts and grants superuser but will never reboot the phone. I have tried different reboot apps with the same result. Is there anything that I might be able to look at to solve this?

Also, what ver. ## of the wi-max should I be running right now? I tried to install the stand alones and it told me that the version on the phone was the same as the one I d/l.
Swype works fine for me without any force close. I am assuming that you possibly did not wipe the system and cache prior to installing the standalone version.

I do not use any reboot or soft reset applicaitons so if you come across one that works good be sure to share your results.

I believe that Wimax # 26023 is the latest version. It is included in the radio update package I linked with the standalone version.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

TravisW0204 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Swype works fine for me without any force close. I am assuming that you possibly did not wipe the system and cache prior to installing the standalone version.

I do not use any reboot or soft reset applicaitons so if you come across one that works good be sure to share your results.

I believe that Wimax # 26023 is the latest version. It is included in the radio update package I linked with the standalone version.
I haven't had any issues with Swype either Chris.

I use Quick Boot Chris and it works great. I can boot into Recovery or Bootloader as well but I usually just use the ReBoot function of the app. It also has widgets for whatever function you use.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW0204 View Post
I haven't had any issues with Swype either Chris.

I use Quick Boot Chris and it works great. I can boot into Recovery or Bootloader as well but I usually just use the ReBoot function of the app. It also has widgets for whatever function you use.
I can confirm this program. I just found it on appbrain and tried it out. Worked like a charm! As for the swype... I got nothing... do u by chance have the apk I can try out as a reinstall?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I added an updated release @ 6:00PM EST 10/04/10.

Reason was due to voicemail possibly not downloading.

To check if you were affected:

Open Voicemail app and go to Menu>Settings>Check for Upgrade.

If you get a message stating "No upgrade is available at this time" then you are okay.

If you get an error message, you must redownload either one of the ROM's in the first post.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys! Enjoy the ROM's!
OK I just spent the last 3-4 hours setting everything up (apps, custom rings etc etc etc). Is there ANY way to update the voicemail APP without ERASING EVERYTHING on THE PHONE???? please tell me there is. I didnt see this mesage about the error until after I did everything. PLEASE TELL ME I dont need a complete reflash and RESET.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Almost a VIP

OK so I am trying to find out if the STAND ALONE SYSTEM UPDATE will ERASE EVERYTHING and basically have me start over again .. or does this just UPDATE the system and keep all my settings, apps etc.. Im new to ANDROID...

Thanks...
Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Almost a VIP

question.. if I unzip the second file in the 1st message and find the spint_VVM.APK, put it on my SD card and run it from there, will THAT fix the voicemail issue with the downloads? I dont want to reflash. I see the error as when I receive a voicemail I get a message that pops up on screen saying I received a voicemail and some LONG DISTANCE # to call to listen. I assume the VVM APP is suppose to take care of this...

Thanks...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
OK so I am trying to find out if the STAND ALONE SYSTEM UPDATE will ERASE EVERYTHING and basically have me start over again .. or does this just UPDATE the system and keep all my settings, apps etc.. Im new to ANDROID...

Thanks...
Take a look at this post... it should answer your question.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...ml#post1920588
Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
Take a look at this post... it should answer your question.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...ml#post1920588
OK so how do I install this update?? I downloaded the second file and put it on the memory card. HOW do I install it?????
Old 10-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
OK so how do I install this update?? I downloaded the second file and put it on the memory card. HOW do I install it?????
If you do the stand alone and don't wipe the caches than all your data and programs will not be erased, here are the steps to install the stand alone file:

Boot into recovery be turning off your phone and then holding the volume down button while pressing the power button. Select recovery from first screen and then look for install .zip file from SD card. Then select choose .Zip file and it will bring up all files on your SD card, use volume buttons to arrow down to the file and select it with the power button. Then use the volume buttons to select the file with the yes next to it and hit the power button again. After it does its thing you will then have to use the menu to return to the previous page to get to the reboot now selection and your all set. It will take longer to boot up as it loads the rom.

*** Important**** Make sure you have removed the PC36IMG.zip from the root directory of you SD Card so you don't accidentally install the All in One again and erase all your data.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development