PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MikROM (with and without updated radio and removable apps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
Theres 4 files listed for download which are which?
yea... sorry... i guess i should have put it up in the first page.

anyways... latest is a clean version of the rom, the version that im using right now on my phone and if u look up a few posts back u will see whats in it and what was taken out.
the other two... with/without radio are just like it says in the first post... pretty much stock rom only with removable apps.. again the list is in the first post.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 06-20-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g/bb 8310
Carrier: sprint/att

skoobz is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up my review of this rom.

THE BEST ROM TO DATE FOR THE BAREBONES EVO.

i've tried them all before i stumbled on this rom. other roms might be this and that, but when it came to it, there were some programs that i didn't use or need like those stupid tweet programs or office. (i wish mik would let us del the pdf reader, but that's the only one i couldn't del) or that office program. this is a great rom to start off with the min and add only what you need/want to. i erased all the stuff i didn't need like the htc internet quick lanch widgets and so on.

thanks mik, this rom is what i'll be using. quick, snappy, and lots of programs that can be uninstalled. if you need a rom that you can strip to build back up, then this is the one.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:10 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: my review of this rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobz View Post
THE BEST ROM TO DATE FOR THE BAREBONES EVO.

i've tried them all before i stumbled on this rom. other roms might be this and that, but when it came to it, there were some programs that i didn't use or need like those stupid tweet programs or office. (i wish mik would let us del the pdf reader, but that's the only one i couldn't del) or that office program. this is a great rom to start off with the min and add only what you need/want to. i erased all the stuff i didn't need like the htc internet quick lanch widgets and so on.

thanks mik, this rom is what i'll be using. quick, snappy, and lots of programs that can be uninstalled. if you need a rom that you can strip to build back up, then this is the one.
thanks... im happy u like...

so are u using uninstallable apps? or the latest version?
and im open to suggestion when it comes to either making things removable or simply clearing everything, so feel free.

when ill get some time ill put out a very clean version with really as less things as possible on the rom.
so far i have no time to even do the stage two of the root process...

personally i always liked roms that come with nearly nothing on them so that it could be used as a base, i think its much better to find a rom like that and build up on it instead of getting a rom that u would wanna clean up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g/bb 8310
Carrier: sprint/att

skoobz is becoming a great contributor

amikam: you can leave it on there for people who might want them. of course, i didn't erase everything. google maps, facebook, i kept those. all i did was updated those via market place. i don't use qik (i use fring) and i don't tweet so i unistalled that program. i also use docs to go so...maybe in your next revision you can add that to the unistallable. I like this rom, for people like me who wants it tailored to them, and not the chef. sure, other roms might be flashy with their annoying startup sounds or fancy boot up animations. or they make you keep programs that you'll never use.

hey, how about i buy you a coffee for your hard work? thanks and keep it up.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

What kitchen or whatever did you use to clean the rom?! Is it one I can download myself and do the same?!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
What kitchen or whatever did you use to clean the rom?! Is it one I can download myself and do the same?!
well... i actually only really cooked one or two roms which i use as a base for the most part.
the rest is me editing zips and scripts in the zip file for tweaking.
basically what i did was d\l all the roms that i could find and used diff packages from each one that i liked.
i moved to a new computer about two weeks ago... so all of my cooking things are on the old one and since school kicked back in for me... i have no time to play with it too much now.

but the kitchen i used is on xda and only works on linux or a substitute for linux like a virtual machine that has linux installed on it.
i think that cooking is the easy part... actually learning how to use all the permissions and scripts is the hard one.
if u just wanna remove things from the rom or add some u can use 7zip but just make sure u resign the zip file before u flash... that can cover almost every option... some files and programs require permissions and such which u would need to know how to do either in the zip file or the kitchen.
its not hard adding and removing things from any rom that u use, it is just that some might need some additions to scripts.

to sum up real quick... if u wanna make a rom of your own using the "stock" rom for example... just open with 7zip... erase the things u dont want and resign.
adding things... like i said before... might get tricky sometimes but most things can just be added to the zip file.
im not sure how much that helps u... but as far as cooking goes for any android device... for me it seems like its not always needed to cook a rom to get it how u want it.
this is the kitchen that im using:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

he got video tutorials and such... so its pretty easy to follow.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO G4
Carrier: SPRINT

JOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJOEOZUNA4U is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does anybody have the nexus one wallpaper by any chance? thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wudabum is a n00b

so i flashed the w/o updated radio version of this and pretty much i'm liking it a lot. however i'm having trouble running epocrates because my phone says the firmware version is "htc evo 4g" and epocrates says i need version 1.6 and above. is there any way around this without needing to flash to a different rom?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] 07/17/2007 MikROM (based on 1.47 OTA update)

Sorry for being missing in action here school kept me busy and i had this weekend free to check out everything and see if i can have some more fun with the phone after about a month of not playing with things on it.

anyways... i updated the rom with two versions based on the latest ota.

one themed and one isn't.
hope you'll like it... and if not... it's cool... im simply sharing my personal rom with u guys.

Last edited by amikam; 07-17-2010 at 11:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM] 07/17/2007 MikROM (based on 1.47 OTA update)

Glad to see you back, keep up the good work

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development