PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 PM
High Speed Lurking
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G!
Carrier: Sprint

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 07/24/2007 MikROM 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i'll look into it and see.
anyone else having these issues?
Yep. I'm working on seeing if it is the module or not. I'm taking a previous module without wireless-n and seeing if it will help. I'll let you know the results.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
i'll look into it and see.
anyone else having these issues?
Is there a way to take the wireless n tweak out of the rom without having to redownload the whole thing if you re-release it? I tried adding the flash plugin to the 7/21 release, but flash still didn't work. I forgot to test it on the new rom while I had it up. I was going to enable wifi to watch some stickdeath.com animations and that's when I noticed wifi wouldn't crank up. If I had to guess, I'd blame that wireless n tweak. It's the only thing wifi related that's changed since the last rom.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I may be wrong, but I read somewhere that on the newest ota that wireless n is enabled by default. Adding in the tweak breaks it and the zip to disable it doesn't actually work. I also read of someone using the zip to enable it and it broke wifi for them.
im reflashing it right now to see how it is.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 07-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
Yep. I'm working on seeing if it is the module or not. I'm taking a previous module without wireless-n and seeing if it will help. I'll let you know the results.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. My initial research led me to believe that it was hardware-related and that I'd have to exchange my phone. I started thinking back to my Touch Pro days when I took mine back 4 times and when the warranty ran out, bought my own keyboard and replaced it. Then it broke again. Then I got the Evo.

Anyways, because I've flashed mine about 9 times today messing around with different settings and I'm about flashed out, can someone on the 7/24 rom tell me if speedtest.net loads up to confirm flash is working. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one. My initial research led me to believe that it was hardware-related and that I'd have to exchange my phone. I started thinking back to my Touch Pro days when I took mine back 4 times and when the warranty ran out, bought my own keyboard and replaced it. Then it broke again. Then I got the Evo.

Anyways, because I've flashed mine about 9 times today messing around with different settings and I'm about flashed out, can someone on the 7/24 rom tell me if speedtest.net loads up to confirm flash is working. Thanks!
ok... flash this to fix wifi...

and flash is fully working on the 7/24 version.
i just checked my self... and since ive been with sprint on the phone about my switching lines and reprogramming my phone... i was at stock unrooted rom right before rerooting and flashing the 7/24 version... so im sure there is no way something wont work... u r tight about wifi though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WifiFix.zip (108.5 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:40 PM
High Speed Lurking

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP

Ok, I took the bcm4329.ko module from Fresh 1.0.1 (unmodified for wireless-n) and pushed it through adb to the newest MikROM_Detox_1.0 and wifi instantly worked, as well as tether. Then I modified the module for wireless-n and pushed that one and wifi still works.

The zip I attached is modified for wireless-n, but it IS NOT FLASHABLE. I have no idea how to make a flashable zip. It has to be unzipped and pushed through adb.

Put the bcm4329.ko file in the tools folder of your Android SDK, open adb and type these commands.

adb remount
adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko
Attached Files
File Type: zip bcm4329.zip (106.6 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 PM
High Speed Lurking

Quote:
ok... flash this to fix wifi...

and flash is fully working on the 7/24 version.
i just checked my self... and since ive been with sprint on the phone about my switching lines and reprogramming my phone... i was at stock unrooted rom right before rerooting and flashing the 7/24 version... so im sure there is no way something wont work... u r tight about wifi though.
Beat me to it.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Beat me to it.
which one did u use...?
i used the one from netarchy-toastmod-3.7.3c.

i would think that would be the better one.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:51 PM
High Speed Lurking

Quote:
which one did u use...?
i used the one from netarchy-toastmod-3.7.3c.

i would think that would be the better one.
I pulled the bcm4329.ko module from the backed up Fresh 1.0.1 I have, and it has the netarchy-toastmod-3.7.3c flashed but wireless-n was not enabled. I didn't know that the netarchy mod had the bcm4329.ko in it. I'm still kinda new to this.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I pulled the bcm4329.ko module from the backed up Fresh 1.0.1 I have, and it has the netarchy-toastmod-3.7.3c flashed but wireless-n was not enabled. I didn't know that the netarchy mod had the bcm4329.ko in it. I'm still kinda new to this.
its the same thing af far as i know.
its cool... im new to this android stuff also.
thats why i try to gather good things from every rom that is out there.
thats whats this rom is basically... a mix of things from different roms, when i like something i put it in.
im just happy its all working out good in the end and i dont have to do too much debugging.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development