PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Ok.. so I've searched this thread and can't find a definitive answer on swype.

I saw were it was included in the rom then there was a post from OMJ where it wasn't. I just installed this ROM after deciding to look for a kernal that isn't going to cause my battery to smoke.. LOL. (Which I'll add, I never had any problems with the SBC kernel).

However, I love me some swype and can't seem to get it working. I had it installed, but it was giving FC constantly. Then I found this thread about it being on the ROM so I uninstalled. But now it's not there.

Can someone point back in the right direction?

Thanks.

BTW... I've been running OMJ's ROMs since I've had my EVO and NEVER had a problem with them.. they are fantastic!!! Kudos to OMJ.

this is Riptide's themed version of swype...just flash it via recovery
Attached Files
File Type: zip evo_blue_swype-signed.zip (2.29 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
this is Riptide's themed version of swype...just flash it via recovery

Thanks.. I'll give that a try!

btw.. I did a factory reset and that cleared up my swype from ROM issue.

thank goodness for titanium backup!!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanny View Post
Now I reflash again I have not yet seen any sense restart yet. However, my contacts are still with out a picture when I open my text messages but they do have a picture on my contacts list. I refresh all my contact sync and also update with facebook. Any sugesstions?

By the way I did a wipe before reflash again on the recovery screen.

Go into People, menu, View. Make sure that everything is checked. Go back and refresh your contacts through FB, then make sure you refresh contacts and once you see everyone has refreshed in both areas, should be fine and have the contact pics back. I went through the smae thing this weekend.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

I tried this method already. I still have the same problem I also try only one of my contacts to link and unlink again and it does not work. I deleted all the messages from one of my contacts and try that again and still no luck either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
Go into People, menu, View. Make sure that everything is checked. Go back and refresh your contacts through FB, then make sure you refresh contacts and once you see everyone has refreshed in both areas, should be fine and have the contact pics back. I went through the smae thing this weekend.

Giovanny
Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@ OMJ,

Hey bud is 4.4 using Aamikam's ENG loc only base or the one just previous? He updated it on 1-3 (4 days after ur update) and I was just wondering if you got it early from him before he posted it?

Next...

Ok (update)... been a while since I asked (lol) ... did some more research on the UA string thing. I haven't learned yet to decompile an apk or mod it but thought you or aamikam could maybe do so. Here is what I've figured out so far...

Using the about:debug command for the browser I can go into settings (which now has additional setting due to the command) and change the UA. When I bring up the UA options it, of course, has the standard 4 options (Android, Desktop, iPhone, iPad) and an additional one for "manual". I can check the manual option and enter this UA string ...

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.1; Windows XP)

This makes the browser behave exactly as I need it to in order to use all the functions of my company's website. The problem is that after a re-boot it won't stay defaulted to the manual string and I have to go into about:debug again and change the UA string back to manual which is a tedious process... admittedly the browser does seem a touch slower, but that's ok for me since I use Dolphin for everthing else and would then just use the stock browser when I needed my company website.

So here is what I'm thinking... to decompile the browser.apk in order to go in and modify the necessary .xml's to "replace" one of the 4 default options. Like say the "desktop" option and change it's name in the .xml's to "IE6" and and the associated string entries to the one above. The problem for me is this... I find multiple references in multiple .xml's for this stuff when I open browser.apk with WinRAR, I don't know which ones to change (guess I could just change them all and see), and then I don't know how to re-package it back up and sign (if necessary). So I'm hoping that you, aamikam, or anybody can mod the browser.apk for me so I can use WinRAR to swap it out of the rom.zip pre-flash and it will be my new stock browser. Think that would work? ...(and if we use aamikam's then the apk will also still be optimized )

Thanks!

My laptop is dead and I forgot my charger but this was Aamikams 2nd base ROM.....when I check, it has ENG & Spanish...

you could just not reboot....lol. I don't know which xml would be the one to edit, if it was that easy, I would have told u long ago...lol

If u do make the edit, I'm not sure if you would even need to sign it, and if u do need to, I have an app I can post to sign.

Quote:
OMJ help!

Trying to get this file to upload to my ftp with no luck

Since you are a mod can you log in and fix it?

I've tried the quick link on the site and FileZilla as well using anonymous log in but keep getting 550 error permission denied??? Grrr

Edit: Ok buddy, sorry but I hyjacked ur ftp and put it in your folder hehe ... let me know if you can get the permissions fixed on my folder in the EVO section. Thanks!
the ftp has been like that for some time.....I had to get the super secret username/password to be able to upload....I'll inquire if they plan on fixing.

Quote:
Short answer ... need de-odexed to apply any themes and is supposed to load a little slower but I have not noticed it
@caleb02.....even if u don't use a theme, the deodexed ROM is recommended.....Aamikam did a superb job re-engineering the base, it is alot faster!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

does this release support 4g wimax yet? i have hardware version 4.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

thanks. i thought it had to do with sprint apps being removed or something...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
does this release support 4g wimax yet? i have hardware version 4.
all my roms support 4g

Quote:
thanks. i thought it had to do with sprint apps being removed or something...
although u didn't ask, I thought I would mention that all removed apps are located @ sdcard/removed_apps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
all my roms support 4g

although u didn't ask, I thought I would mention that all removed apps are located @ sdcard/removed_apps
Thanks.

Currently I am on Sprint Lovers rom with unrevoked 3. Do I need to go back to stock before I flash to yours? I also have rom manager installed free edition. I have hardware version 4. my phone shipped with 3.29.651.x i think.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks.

Currently I am on Sprint Lovers rom with unrevoked 3. Do I need to go back to stock before I flash to yours? I also have rom manager installed free edition. I have hardware version 4. my phone shipped with 3.29.651.x i think.
no, you don't have to flash back to stock....but I would wipe everything before flashing, and of course do a backup just incase

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development