PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

yeah, the "stock" rom I was using did have app2sd, I did not realize app2sd would activate as such....but it's no longer a issue, I re-partitioned my sd card & wiped it out.....btw, it was the stock 8gb card that came w/ the phone, I'm surprised app2sd even worked.
app2sd works fine with stock sd card you just need a class 6 sd card if you going to run the cache from it

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 09-19-2010, 11:37 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Quote:
OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v3.2
Deodexed w/ Stock Kernel

DOWNLOAD

9/19 Updates v3.2

-Based on the leaked OTA 3.28.651.6 ROM (thanks SteelH & Flipz)
-Updated to Wifi Tether 2.0.5_pre9
-Updated to Google Maps 4.5.0 #4519
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_Disable_USB_Debugging_Notificat ion (Thx Calkulin)
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_MMS_5MB_Limit (Thx Calkulin)
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_MMS_Compression_Fix (Thx Calkulin)
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_USB_Tethering_Fix (Thx Calkulin)
-Included Appds2SD support

I stayed w/ the stock ROM because of the great reviews of good battery life.....we'll see.

Several of the stock apps have been updated, you can see the list in SteelH's thread. FYI- I did remove the Sprint apps that I always remove.

"stayed with stock rom " do you mean your using stock rooted rom or you stayed with stock kernel in rom.. cuz if your not using you own rom your scaring me
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.2 | FroYo 3.28.651.6 | *Updated 9/19/10*

Thanks Ken! Will flash it tonight. Actually I'm not able to get it to download. link is not working at the moment.

edit: looks like IE is working but not firefox for me. oh well. LOL

Last edited by Riley; 09-19-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tandxcstar1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My question is which has better battery life? THe old BFS#6 Kernel or this new stock kernel? How is BFS#4 btw??
Old 09-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandxcstar1 View Post
My question is which has better battery life? THe old BFS#6 Kernel or this new stock kernel? How is BFS#4 btw??
Well there have been alot of positive feedback on the new stock kernel as far as battery life goes, the best so far. I just flashed it and will give it a test drive when I get to my office in the morning.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandxcstar1 View Post
Well it's WAAAAAAAY too early to tell how the kernel will respond with OMJ's ROM and every modded kernel-or any kernel for that matter will respond differently per device.
Flash it and see how your device responds over 1-3 days.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It's been so long since I have flashed an OMJ rom. I can just flash over the previous one to this one w/o wiping right? I believe that is what I have done in the past.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:49 AM
N00b

Just remember that the stock kernel has the fps cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
It's been so long since I have flashed an OMJ rom. I can just flash over the previous one to this one w/o wiping right? I believe that is what I have done in the past.
i would still wipe

Last edited by Karl; 09-20-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Well it's WAAAAAAAY too early to tell how the kernel will respond with OMJ's ROM and every modded kernel-or any kernel for that matter will respond differently per device.
Flash it and see how your device responds over 1-3 days.
Agreed. I was on kings bfs #9 two weeks running solid, all of a sudden sluggishness, lag, and all that so I went back to cfs #8 and which I never had issues with it. I understand with bfs kernels this is bound to happen. But for those that worry if u really really need the fps unlock go with custom kernel of not stick with the stock kernel this Rom comes with, its truly amaZing.

Tapatalk'd on Evo
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Quote:
indeed I am
Hey omj did you replace the files from calkulins mms compression fix? Because I know with the unreleased ota update Flipz addressed that some of the changes in the unreleased ota was the mms/sms apk, and I noticed with the new apk that I wasn't getting the issue when I have multiple texts in the inbox and I try to open a convo it opened the wrong one instead of the one I clicked on.
Dunno if that made sense Lmao

Tapatalk'd on Evo

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development