PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: Sprint

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

I saw some previous posts about system panel so I went a head and purchased it because I keep running into the exact same problem..My phone works great for about a 1/2 day and then will not sleep..( I am crazy with checking for this under battery settings)and I have NO clue why...Well system panel looks cool but not sure how I can figure out what app, program etc etc is keeping this phone awake..I believe i have dowloaded 3 apps tops..(sprint football, barcode scanner, No update on facebook and removed ATK)..If someone knows how to point me in the right direction I would be very thankful..
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 AM
DavidMMorley

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Tj try acatlog shows you whats going on, does require some _nix knowledge

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker

[QUOTE=DavidMMorley;1908474]Tj try acatlog shows you whats going on, does require some _nix knowledge

Thanks David (ran your ROM on my TP2--solid)..Not sure I have any knowledge with this stuff other than I am good direction follower..thanks
Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

[QUOTE=tjmontan;1908493]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMMorley View Post
Tj try acatlog shows you whats going on, does require some _nix knowledge

Thanks David (ran your ROM on my TP2--solid)..Not sure I have any knowledge with this stuff other than I am good direction follower..thanks
Look at Sync if you haven't. I "caught" it running non-stop the other day trying to Sync FB (NOT the app, FB for HTC Sense) and it was behaving strangely for my mail accounts too. Went back to a previous Nand and all is well. Just a thought.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

[QUOTE=iknowsquat;1908506]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post

Look at Sync if you haven't. I "caught" it running non-stop the other day trying to Sync FB (NOT the app, FB for HTC Sense) and it was behaving strangely for my mail accounts too. Went back to a previous Nand and all is well. Just a thought.
just went and yanked sync from FB for sense as well took my snyc off exchange to see if that may work..rebooted and still awake and up time identical..this is making me crazy now as my battery just drains. Running services ObexService, DMServiceAPP, Google Services Framework,HTC DM, HTC IQagent,Voicmail, Touch input...This is what continues to show under running services..same as before I unsynced FB, and Exhange..Any suggestions?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Ryno_666 is just getting started

Task killer (froyo) 1. 0. Vs Advanced task killer, Froyo keeps apps running and processes differently this I just learned this. Puts running on hold. Plus can switch to hidden apps easier like say lockbot pro.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
+1 on Riptides Theme (based off of konikub anyway)

I have one of his clear clocks installed.
That's my photo as a background.
And no, I dont need Sprint Tech Support Just didnt want to edit the photo.
Sorry for the newbie question but I have spent entirely too much time at work searching for how to apply these themes. I downloaded the zip file and have no idea how to apply it.

Please oh please help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Ryno_666 is just getting started

Quote:
While not OMJ I can answer that.
ALL of konikubs Froyoized themes will work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=746689&page=4

The only "issue" is Gallery will force close on you if you launch it in Portrait. Just launch in Landscape and you're fine.
This understandably is a deal breaker for OMJ to cook a themed ROM but you can still install it yourself. OMJ has said he's waiting for the issue to be resolved.
Ywag I used ;detox, froyorized , sapphire, and elite all have this issue, but landscape is still a pain.

Last edited by Ryno_666; 08-12-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
No issues here Bro. Kernel 4.0.3a
Hey, do you just install the latest kernel overtop or wipe cache then flash? Or flash stock kernel, then go back to kernel 4.0.3a? I am on the kernel from a couple days ago. Thanks Squat!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Sorry for the newbie question but I have spent entirely too much time at work searching for how to apply these themes. I downloaded the zip file and have no idea how to apply it.

Please oh please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Assuming you are rooted, place the theme .zip on your SD card...then enter Recovery and "flash .zip from sd card". Then let it do it's thing and then reboot. Depending on the complexity of the theme, it may sit on the 4G screen for a while after reboot. Just be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey, do you just install the latest kernel overtop or wipe cache then flash? Or flash stock kernel, then go back to kernel 4.0.3a? I am on the kernel from a couple days ago. Thanks Squat!
I've read in his thread that a lot of people just flash over the top without wipes. I think people with ROMs that have "enhanced" kernels have been wiping cache & davik-cache. Personally, when I had installed, I did no wipes running OMJ's ROM.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development