PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: Sprint

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Read a few diff posts and now I am a little confused? Should we do a PRL update and if so what method do we use? I saw a post about a ## method and others have simply hit prl update on the phone...I am running version 2... Thanks for any help..
P.s. I am asking about this because I had way more dropped calls this week on my travels than I ever had on my TP2.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Read a few diff posts and now I am a little confused? Should we do a PRL update and if so what method do we use? I saw a post about a ## method and others have simply hit prl update on the phone...I am running version 2... Thanks for any help..
P.s. I am asking about this because I had way more dropped calls this week on my travels than I ever had on my TP2.
you can just go to settings>system update and do it. No need to manually install prl unless you prefer an older prl.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekotubbs View Post
@winmonewbie,

Since you are on 1.34_003, and you said that your update PRL and update data profile works, can you try this to let me know if this gets you back to 1.40_003

"Originally Posted by MrTrip
Whee! I was so nervous about bricking the damn thing...

PRI SOLUTION WORKING CONFIRMED

NASCAR SPRINT CUP APP IS WORKING. I just selected my driver, of course #88 =P sorry to anybody who doesn't like this...

PRL Update is working through now no errors.

Everything is working great.

##786# + MSL + Menu -> Reset + OK + Wait patiently = SUCCESS!"

this post comes from xda and full credit goes to the posted mentioned in the quote and it was done for HTC Hero
So let me get this straight, Winmo is supposed to be the food taster on this one?? Come on!! go for it and report back
Old 07-17-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Can't seem to get rid of Palringo I deleted it from system/app but it still remains. Any suggestions?

Droidrox39
Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Can't seem to get rid of Palringo I deleted it from system/app but it still remains. Any suggestions?
Hey Zone, I havent tried to uninstall Palringo since I use it occassionally. But I heard root explorer is the best app to use. You may be able to use android mate as well. Chris "Sprint lovers" has a writeup on this in his second post I think. good luck.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey Zone, I havent tried to uninstall Palringo since I use it occassionally. But I heard root explorer is the best app to use. You may be able to use android mate as well. Chris "Sprint lovers" has a writeup on this in his second post I think. good luck.
Thanks ya the apk was in the folder I deleted it but some how Palringo is hanging in there. I reboot too and nothing. It worked fine on the other apps.

I got it turned out that that particular app I had tried re-installing, this was before I read how to remove them. When it reinstalled it installed as an update. So I uninstalled the "update" then I had to reinstall the app from the market. At that point I was able to uninstall it. So the problem was trying to reinstall the app instead of just deleting the apk from the system folder.

Last edited by zone23; 07-17-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:40 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie
If was unlocked it appears you lost the unlocked nand-possibly during one of those ROM flashes??? I cant explain that one. Weirdness for sure.
If you are running an old version of ROM Manager that could explain how you could flash ROMs without the PC. The newer versions of ROM Manager require an unlocked nand afaik.
Getting back to stock from 1.47 can be difficult. I couldnt do it on my Win7 machine but when I used my Vista PC it worked (I was in fastboot, dunno if it will work while booted into the system)
Some guides say boot into bootloader and if you get errors dont touch the phone-just keep trying.
Try using the stock RUU that corresponds to the software you are on now (ie 1.47 rooted ---> 1.47 stock)
I never used rom manager.............unless I did and didn't know it! I never went to rom manager on the phone and did anything,,,,,,,and my doings were from the recovery screen!

Also....some other weird stuff........when I try to run the stock RUU my version number changes....for example...

I put the phone in bootloader and tried to flash the RUU but it didn't go through....the progress bar went for a little and after that it said something about a bootloader error........but the RUU identifies my phones version number as the 1.32...... one>
When I tried to run the same RUU again it said my version number was 1.47............ while still saying something about a bootloader error>
Tried it a third time and its back to 1.32...... all while the RUU isn't working!

Again....................WTF?!

About to try it on a Vista computer though! Hopefully that does it even though I rooted it from my W7U computer!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

QbanBoi is a n00b

Hi, this is my first time posting, and well since im a noob, im having a problem when i want to update my phone. The version i had was v1.3 but never really was interested in upgrading but now i see that there is a better version, so i was trying to upgrade and i see that i need to "fully root the phone" so what i did was to format the SD card since i only had garbage on it then i downloaded the 4 thing you guys asked to download in the first page of Evo full , and started on "Section 2 Version 2" since i already had the first part, I renamed the two zip files, and everything was going well, until i got to part "2H" it doesnt asked me if i want to upgrade, it says "Main Version is older! Update Fail"

What did i do wrong? Please help thanks.

Last edited by QbanBoi; 07-17-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

@reekotubbs-I'm as happy to test as the next guy but my phone is fine. The process you suggest will at least hard reset your phone, possibly loose root.
Since it seems isolated to your device I say you go for it and let us know how it works out for you.

@riley-thanks Bro.

@radar-yeah I saw something similar. I was on 1.47 OMJ then flashed the rooted version of .6 stock. The RUU recognized the .6 if I ran it while booted in the system but when I ran it from bootloader it said I was 1.47. I didnt understand either. The Vista machine worked for me. Hopefully works for you. My GUESS is that eventhough Win7 DL all the drivers needed it did not install them.

@zone-WHAT UP BRO!! Welcome to the party!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QbanBoi View Post
Hi, this is my first time posting, and well since im a noob, im having a problem when i want to update my phone. The version i had was v1.3 but never really was interested in upgrading but now i see that there is a better version, so i was trying to upgrade and i see that i need to "fully root the phone" so what i did was to format the SD card since i only had garbage on it then i downloaded the 4 thing you guys asked to download in the first page, and started on "Section 2 Version 2" since i already had the first part, I renamed the two zip files, and everything was going well, until i got to part "2H" it doesnt asked me if i want to upgrade, it says "Main Version is older! Update Fail"

What did i do wrong? Please help thanks.
While this question is more appropriate for FastRX8's thread lemme give it a shot:
You were correct in starting with Setion 2 Version 2. That error usually means you used the wrong PC36 file. Try it again and post up further questions in Fast's thread here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:32 PM
VIP Member

@winmonewbie thanks glad to be here.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development