View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

@reekotubbs-I'm as happy to test as the next guy but my phone is fine. The process you suggest will at least hard reset your phone, possibly loose root.
Since it seems isolated to your device I say you go for it and let us know how it works out for you.

@riley-thanks Bro.

@radar-yeah I saw something similar. I was on 1.47 OMJ then flashed the rooted version of .6 stock. The RUU recognized the .6 if I ran it while booted in the system but when I ran it from bootloader it said I was 1.47. I didnt understand either. The Vista machine worked for me. Hopefully works for you. My GUESS is that eventhough Win7 DL all the drivers needed it did not install them.

@zone-WHAT UP BRO!! Welcome to the party!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QbanBoi View Post
Hi, this is my first time posting, and well since im a noob, im having a problem when i want to update my phone. The version i had was v1.3 but never really was interested in upgrading but now i see that there is a better version, so i was trying to upgrade and i see that i need to "fully root the phone" so what i did was to format the SD card since i only had garbage on it then i downloaded the 4 thing you guys asked to download in the first page, and started on "Section 2 Version 2" since i already had the first part, I renamed the two zip files, and everything was going well, until i got to part "2H" it doesnt asked me if i want to upgrade, it says "Main Version is older! Update Fail"

What did i do wrong? Please help thanks.
While this question is more appropriate for FastRX8's thread lemme give it a shot:
You were correct in starting with Setion 2 Version 2. That error usually means you used the wrong PC36 file. Try it again and post up further questions in Fast's thread here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.