View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:40 PM
radar369
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie
If was unlocked it appears you lost the unlocked nand-possibly during one of those ROM flashes??? I cant explain that one. Weirdness for sure.
If you are running an old version of ROM Manager that could explain how you could flash ROMs without the PC. The newer versions of ROM Manager require an unlocked nand afaik.
Getting back to stock from 1.47 can be difficult. I couldnt do it on my Win7 machine but when I used my Vista PC it worked (I was in fastboot, dunno if it will work while booted into the system)
Some guides say boot into bootloader and if you get errors dont touch the phone-just keep trying.
Try using the stock RUU that corresponds to the software you are on now (ie 1.47 rooted ---> 1.47 stock)
I never used rom manager.............unless I did and didn't know it! I never went to rom manager on the phone and did anything,,,,,,,and my doings were from the recovery screen!

Also....some other weird stuff........when I try to run the stock RUU my version number changes....for example...

I put the phone in bootloader and tried to flash the RUU but it didn't go through....the progress bar went for a little and after that it said something about a bootloader error........but the RUU identifies my phones version number as the 1.32...... one>
When I tried to run the same RUU again it said my version number was 1.47............ while still saying something about a bootloader error>
Tried it a third time and its back to 1.32...... all while the RUU isn't working!

Again....................WTF?!

About to try it on a Vista computer though! Hopefully that does it even though I rooted it from my W7U computer!