PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
i use the free FTP app in OMJ's post and i download the pc36img file he has listed in his ftp in the roms section. i apply this file. this seems to be the problem i have, i'll copy and paste Toast's instructions since its essentially the same method:

- Hold volume down while powering the phone on. continue to hold volume down until you see the WHITE bootloader screen.
- After a few seconds it will begin to checking for files, and find PC36IMG.zip. while its doing this it will show a blue progress bar while its checking. (this takes 30 - 60 seconds to finish)
- It will then list all the images in the zip and ask you if want to flash. SAY YES
- When its finished it will ask you if you would like to reboot. AGAIN... SAY YES
- At this point it will boot into a rooted rom.

i get through the point where it says checking which does take 30-60 seconds, but i never get anything after that to choose if i want to flash. i never get to choose yes or no to flash.
My vote is corrupt DL since you are doing it OTA on the phone and those steps are correct but you are not getting the correct response from the device. Are you doing it via wifi? Even if you are I suppose something is getting fouled.
If you're not home wait. When you can, DL to your PC then transfer the file, named correctly, over to your card. Then follow the steps-they are correct.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I am getting ads within handcent and other apps after upgrading to 1.7 rom. OMJ, did you take out the ad blocking files on this version?
He took it out in 1.6 so ppcgeeks could get some love
Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I am getting ads within handcent and other apps after upgrading to 1.7 rom. OMJ, did you take out the ad blocking files on this version?

Well I downloaded adfree from the market place and try to download and install hosts. I get an error, faild to change permissions of hosts file to root.

i'm still trying to update to 1.7 but he posted before that he took it out because those ads help support this site.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ibdman21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Nope, downloading both right now (again) from post 1193 and no issue.
Still no dice with the download of 1.7. HELP!!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
My vote is corrupt DL since you are doing it OTA on the phone and those steps are correct but you are not getting the correct response from the device. Are you doing it via wifi? Even if you are I suppose something is getting fouled.
If you're not home wait. When you can, DL to your PC then transfer the file, named correctly, over to your card. Then follow the steps-they are correct.
****ing hell. deleted the file off of my sd card. downloaded it on to my computer desktop and transferred it over to my sd card. i still get the same thing. it says checking file and i get no option to load the file it just kicks me out back to the fastboot/recovery/clear storage/simlock/hboot usb menu. i never get the option to load as i'm supposed to. no idea what the hell is wrong.

i went and double and triple checked to make certain that i deleted any other files off the root of the card. no idea what could be causing this problem.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Lol I am lost. Ok I have 1.6 and flashed the pm36 or whatever when I flashed 1.6 however I did not do any OTA updates from sprint. In fact I keep getting the update you phone message from sprint.

So.. on to the questions. Do I update the OTA that sprint keeps telling me to download? I am fully rooted with nand will I loose that? Is there an OTA i need to download on here somewhere and not use the sprint one? Also I dont know if I need to do the wimax update how can I tell I know I didnt flash a wimax update but I do have the radio tht came with 1.6. I am not sertain 4g works I picked up a weak signal the other day but then it went away and didnt come back it just scanned. And lastly what rom do I need to download to use 1.7?

Thanks and sorry if questions are answered this post is hard to follow.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Lol I am lost. Ok I have 1.6 and flashed the pm36 or whatever when I flashed 1.6 however I did not do any OTA updates from sprint. In fact I keep getting the update you phone message from sprint.

So.. on to the questions. Do I update the OTA that sprint keeps telling me to download? I am fully rooted with nand will I loose that? Is there an OTA i need to download on here somewhere and not use the sprint one? Also I dont know if I need to do the wimax update how can I tell I know I didnt flash a wimax update but I do have the radio tht came with 1.6. I am not sertain 4g works I picked up a weak signal the other day but then it went away and didnt come back it just scanned. And lastly what rom do I need to download to use 1.7?

Thanks and sorry if questions are answered this post is hard to follow.
if ur fully rooted get rom 1.7, rom 1 and it will do all updates with out losing root !! page 120
Old 07-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

Quote:
****ing hell. deleted the file off of my sd card. downloaded it on to my computer desktop and transferred it over to my sd card. i still get the same thing. it says checking file and i get no option to load the file it just kicks me out back to the fastboot/recovery/clear storage/simlock/hboot usb menu. i never get the option to load as i'm supposed to. no idea what the hell is wrong.

i went and double and triple checked to make certain that i deleted any other files off the root of the card. no idea what could be causing this problem.
are u fully rooted ?? if not that may be the problem !! or a bad file. delete off pc and fone, place in new spot and try again!! its like doing first part of root !!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
are u fully rooted ?? if not that may be the problem !! or a bad file. delete off pc and fone, place in new spot and try again!! its like doing first part of root !!
i'm rooted the same way as i've been for every other OMJ rom i've successfully loaded and used so thats not it. i've downloaded this file and deleted it 6 times now every different way and nothing works. downloaded via ftp onto computer, downloaded directly onto computer, downloaded via wifi on phone directly to phone.

my battery was around 40% is there something in android that won't let you load a file if under a certain percentage? thats the only thing i can think of as it makes no sense at all.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
i'm rooted the same way as i've been for every other OMJ rom i've successfully loaded and used so thats not it. i've downloaded this file and deleted it 6 times now every different way and nothing works. downloaded via ftp onto computer, downloaded directly onto computer, downloaded via wifi on phone directly to phone.

my battery was around 40% is there something in android that won't let you load a file if under a certain percentage? thats the only thing i can think of as it makes no sense at all.
What is your file size? Should be 162MB.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development