PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

adenicol is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Thanks OMJ, I followed the instructions to boot into recovery and let the wimax finish and now I am able to install programs, no more Out of Memory problems

+1
Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

I flashed the 1.6R , I am wondering why my album art is not showing? Anyone got this issue?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO
Carrier: sprint

lse4 is a n00b

i updated to the 1.6 but my screen wasnt responding all that well so i went back to 1.5
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work
Question Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Hi OMJ,

I'm on 1.6R and so far I think it's great. Haven't tried 4G yet but I might just go to a radio shack since they're supposed to have 4G there to test it out. Just a quick question I did the new wimax update. And was wondering if there was a way to check that it installed correctly? Since the old wimax update caulkin gave us I actually saw a message that Wimax was updated successfully. However in the new one I don't get any of those messages.

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post
Hi OMJ,

I'm on 1.6R and so far I think it's great. Haven't tried 4G yet but I might just go to a radio shack since they're supposed to have 4G there to test it out. Just a quick question I did the new wimax update. And was wondering if there was a way to check that it installed correctly? Since the old wimax update caulkin gave us I actually saw a message that Wimax was updated successfully. However in the new one I don't get any of those messages.

Thanks.
OMJ is not here right now, please leave a message. Lol.
If you flashed it, and there wasn't an error, it installed. Plus, if you read, IDK, like 20 posts back (like 2 pages) you will see exactly how to tell. Thanks for reading!
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Thanks for all your hard work OMJ, 4g still a no go from me updating from 1.4 to .6r. Keep at it i'm sure you and calk can find a solution. I'll continue testing anything you put up and give it a shot. I'm in a 4g area and downgrading to a nand backup of your 1.4 returns the 4g that was lost in this update.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
So is anyone still testing or did everyone go back to 1.5 lol....there has been alot of confusion and mis-information out there....1st we were using Calkulins, but it appears his wimax update was faulty. Neo has now updated his wimax update, and it appears to be working. Has anyone tried it?

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ/Files/new_wimax.zip
This is a no go for me. I flashed this update and my 4G still doesn't work.

Hope you have a great vacation. You deserve it Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Is anyone having bluetooth/USB issues after flashing 1.5 or 1.6r (I'm new to android OS so I don't know about the earlier versions). Getting to full root went fine and I've wiped. It's only after I flash either of these two roms that my bluetooth comes on with reboot and takes forever to turn off, and when plugged into the PC, storage card is not recognized and the usual pop-up giving the choice of connections does not pop-up. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Last edited by fredcatsmommy; 07-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

rlmurray is just getting started

Well I do.finally pulled the trigger and went from 1.2 to 1.6r. After installing the Rom successfully (it works beautifully) I flashed the file new wimax to the evo. no 4g. What's next tried and true?
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
Is anyone having bluetooth/USB issues after flashing 1.5 or 1.6r (I'm new to android OS so I don't know about the earlier versions). Getting to full root went fine and I've wiped. It's only after I flash either of these two roms that my bluetooth comes on with reboot and takes forever to turn off, and when plugged into the PC, storage card is not recognized and the usual pop-up giving the choice of connections does not pop-up. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
I responded in FastRX8's thread. Did you try the XDA fix for SD/USB issues linked in my sig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
Well I do.finally pulled the trigger and went from 1.2 to 1.6r. After installing the Rom successfully (it works beautifully) I flashed the file new wimax to the evo. no 4g. What's next tried and true?
It has not been consistent. I dont have 4G but one user said they rebooted, updated their PRL (rebooted again?) and got 4G to go. You tried the NEW wimax update posted by OMJ, not Calk's, right?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=938

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-01-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: fixed link
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development