PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Thx guys, toe which root did use? Unrevoked or the normal xda one? I'm gonna root through the xda method later tonight. Thx for all the info guys.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

imacyou is becoming a great contributor

I have no idea what any of this means. Root, un-root? But I'll find out in a couple of days. Hopefully theres a fix for the tethering by then as that is all I hope to gain.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
Thx guys, toe which root did use? Unrevoked or the normal xda one? I'm gonna root through the xda method later tonight. Thx for all the info guys.
i did unrevoked last night after the update but wasnt too fond of that one, so i just did the xda root instead this morning

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

basically just think of the word root as unlocked or jailbroken

Last edited by toenail; 06-06-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djlenoir is keeping up the good workdjlenoir is keeping up the good work

I am new to Android and waiting for my EVO to arrive in a day or so. I believe that Android is Linux based, so I assume rooting your phone is getting administrative privileges to the 'root' level. However, what benefit does it provide on Android? Is it required to flash a new ROM? Is there an alternative app store like Cydia on the iPhone? I appreciate anyone willing to educate me (and I am sure others) on this topic.
Radio.....1.39.00.05.31
Old 06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlenoir View Post
I am new to Android and waiting for my EVO to arrive in a day or so. I believe that Android is Linux based, so I assume rooting your phone is getting administrative privileges to the 'root' level. However, what benefit does it provide on Android? Is it required to flash a new ROM? Is there an alternative app store like Cydia on the iPhone? I appreciate anyone willing to educate me (and I am sure others) on this topic.
You are correct, that's exactly what root is. To flash custom you do need root access and certain programs also require root access, but of course you may not need them. There are places to buy apps other then marketplace, they are posted everywhere in comments of applications.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
so the wireless tethering app doesn't work for me, I can connect but no internet on my laptop
I'm having the same issue. I can connect to the phone, but the laptop does not have internet.
Is there an option to tether using USB that works besides PDANet?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
I'm having the same issue. I can connect to the phone, but the laptop does not have internet.
Is there an option to tether using USB that works besides PDANet?
Ditto
Old 06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Kmagn13 is becoming a great contributor

So is 4G working with this ROM?

DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13 View Post
So is 4G working with this ROM?
I'm wondering this also?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development