PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 02:45 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Hey OMJ I flashed your rom, and I'm tryin to get back to shipped stock, but I can't, it say error, use the right ruu for you phone and try again. I'm just having minor issues and wanna start from scratch, do you have any idea what to do, i ask only cuz you were smart enuff to make the custom rom
Old 06-06-2010, 08:46 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I havent had alot of time to play w/ EVO & customizing, but more updates will come. I plan on removing the Sprint crap & possibly Sense (though personally I like it).

any other suggestions? I'm still learning too, so bare w/ me

Has anyone tried a different wifi tether app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
Hey OMJ I flashed your rom, and I'm tryin to get back to shipped stock, but I can't, it say error, use the right ruu for you phone and try again. I'm just having minor issues and wanna start from scratch, do you have any idea what to do, i ask only cuz you were smart enuff to make the custom rom
just curious how you are tying to flash the shipped, as I have not tried. I assume just running the .exe?

*edit* http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=56

Last edited by OMJ; 06-06-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I havent had alot of time to play w/ EVO & customizing, but more updates will come. I plan on removing the Sprint crap & possibly Sense (though personally I like it).

any other suggestions? I'm still learning too, so bare w/ me

Has anyone tried a different wifi tether app?

just curious how you are tying to flash the shipped, as I have not tried. I assume just running the .exe?

*edit* http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=56
I tried your custom ROM,but since wifi tether doesn't work,how do i flash it back to the stock rom?I ran the stock ruu exe,it said running bootloader,then it just failed.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I tried your custom ROM,but since wifi tether doesn't work,how do i flash it back to the stock rom?I ran the stock ruu exe,it said running bootloader,then it just failed.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=56
Old 06-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did copy the ROM.zip from stock rom to my sd card and tried to flash,but the error was "Reading ROM.zip "bad"",I tried both the .1 & .6 stock rom rom.zip,same error when it tried to flash,when i use your custom rom,it flashed ok from sd card,any idea?don't know if rooted rom causing problem when try to go back to stock?

In your rom,can you get the Sprint Hotspot to work?my laptop can't get an ip from the device.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

All this looks very exciting! I think i'll wait another couple of weeks until everything gets sorted out. I'm in a 4G area and would like to retain 4G and want wifi tethering. Now to get used to Android Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:52 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
I did copy the ROM.zip from stock rom to my sd card and tried to flash,but the error was "Reading ROM.zip "bad"",I tried both the .1 & .6 stock rom rom.zip,same error when it tried to flash,when i use your custom rom,it flashed ok from sd card,any idea?don't know if rooted rom causing problem when try to go back to stock?

In your rom,can you get the Sprint Hotspot to work?my laptop can't get an ip from the device.
hmm, did you wipe first?

I dont have the hotspot on my account, so when I try to launch it, I get a data call failure, error code 67. I got this on the stock rom too
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looking forward to some customization and putting to use the power of the Snapdragon. Gonna wait a while so the bugs get worked out though
Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Newsie and More

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:

what i did was flash the one from xda and then i plugged it in but didn't let it connect to htc sync and then i used the updated ruu found from the evo upgrades section of this site, it's in the shipped rom thread
Old 06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Newsie and More

here the updated rom link from the thread i was talkin about http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supe...253_signed.exe
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development