View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlenoir View Post
I am new to Android and waiting for my EVO to arrive in a day or so. I believe that Android is Linux based, so I assume rooting your phone is getting administrative privileges to the 'root' level. However, what benefit does it provide on Android? Is it required to flash a new ROM? Is there an alternative app store like Cydia on the iPhone? I appreciate anyone willing to educate me (and I am sure others) on this topic.
You are correct, that's exactly what root is. To flash custom you do need root access and certain programs also require root access, but of course you may not need them. There are places to buy apps other then marketplace, they are posted everywhere in comments of applications.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.