PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
Reminds me of the ringer bug that plaqued MightyMike forever back towards the end of MightyRom4
sure does. for me ringtones dont matter at all. I would be happy with stock setting/ringtones in there if it means the phone will ring.

Last edited by Riley; 11-16-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Just convert it to .wav.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
sure does. for me ringtones dont matter at all. I would be happy with stock setting/ringtones in there if it means the phone will ring.
I noticed that setting the tone via the settings tab works just fine but if you go into the actual wm phone settings it will give you the ring tone corruption error. The error occurs because it doesnt recognize wma,mp3 or aac ringtones... only wav files.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeller87 View Post
I really liked this rom, but sadly I don't think the diamond is strong enough to run it. It just ultimately ran way to slow. I had massive problems with messaging also. Hopefully since I don't see myself going to a new phone for a while sense ui will eventually work great.
OMJ,

I wanted to get your input on this as well, I noticed a significant decrease in responsiveness of the phone with Manila 2.5 vs. 2.1, and I KNOW it's not your ability to cook up a smooth and responsive rom being the master chef that you are! Do you think that 2.5 is just that demanding of the phone that we either have to settle for a cooler UI and less responsiveness or a less cool UI (2.1) and a more responsiveness phone?
Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

does anyone know if your facebook integration gets backed up with MyPhone? As in you don't have to link everyone every flash?
Old 11-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

I wanted to get your input on this as well, I noticed a significant decrease in responsiveness of the phone with Manila 2.5 vs. 2.1, and I KNOW it's not your ability to cook up a smooth and responsive rom being the master chef that you are! Do you think that 2.5 is just that demanding of the phone that we either have to settle for a cooler UI and less responsiveness or a less cool UI (2.1) and a more responsiveness phone?
The Manila we have was ported from a phone with nearly twice the CPU speed so no it won't be responsive. Manila 1, 2, and 2.1 were all designed for 528 MHz CPUs, but 2.5 was designed for Snapdragon and won't be 100% fast. That said it actually runs pretty decent and about the only slowdown is the animations sometimes (eg. pictures and the wiper blade on the weather).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

I have to say that I am not experiencing a significant drop in performance. My apologies for disagreeing but to me its running smooth. I do agree it takes a little more time at startup and due to certain processes, like the weather animation, there are slight slow downs but I think it's running quite well. I think it will get better as they find a way to compress the files more and other tweaks which are being discovered daily. I am curious how tf2.5 will respond in a 6.1 rom though. Maybe it will come down to what you said, snappier performance versus cooler ui. I find in snappy and cool overall.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Oh and I will admit Manila running is definitely making \Windows load slower (maybe like 12-16 seconds at times) but this is for eye candy. If you want fast use Titanium.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:56 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
probably not, I got too much on my plate as it is.....however, I'll be uploading my kitchen very soon.
That is awesome man! Thanks. Question: The only thing i need is the working version of Manila 2.5, but not sure which files to get from xda-developers, and where to put them. I know it maybe a stretch but can i get just those files from you? yours works great and i hope i can try them in my kitchen...

Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
No, but they have updated the port they have been working on. The latest update was on 11/14.
yes, I've been grabbing every update as it comes. I'm not sure what has changed since 11/12 & 11/14, but I have the 11/14 update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I got MMS to work with Arcsoft and POutlook. No dice on the HTC client.
HTC client wont work for MMS,the reg ket that Jmz gave was to use arcsoft for MMS, but continue to use HTC msg for SMS.

Anyone know what the latest version of Arcsoft is?

And would everyone prefer to have Arcsoft cooked in the rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
My dialer doesn't make the dial sounds when I press numbers. Is it broken or a bug?
I turn it off in the rom, it lags when dialing...

Code:
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Keypress" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="BeepMode" datatype="integer" value="0"/>
or the easy way. phone/menu/options turn keypad back on

Quote:
Hmm I just got a strange bug. I went into phone options and it said: The ringtone is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ring tone.
I saw that in my first version of 2.5, but not since. I just went in there now, and was able to change ringers no prob, no corruption msg. Tried a 2nd time after switching to short tones....no error. weird.

Quote:
The Manila we have was ported from a phone with nearly twice the CPU speed so no it won't be responsive. Manila 1, 2, and 2.1 were all designed for 528 MHz CPUs, but 2.5 was designed for Snapdragon and won't be 100% fast. That said it actually runs pretty decent and about the only slowdown is the animations sometimes (eg. pictures and the wiper blade on the weather).
I agree. Though 2.1 runs abit better, I am very impressed on how well 2.5 runs....fast enough for me

oh, that reminds me....I need to cook a 6.1 rom...on it now!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development