View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

I wanted to get your input on this as well, I noticed a significant decrease in responsiveness of the phone with Manila 2.5 vs. 2.1, and I KNOW it's not your ability to cook up a smooth and responsive rom being the master chef that you are! Do you think that 2.5 is just that demanding of the phone that we either have to settle for a cooler UI and less responsiveness or a less cool UI (2.1) and a more responsiveness phone?
I have to say that I am not experiencing a significant drop in performance. My apologies for disagreeing but to me its running smooth. I do agree it takes a little more time at startup and due to certain processes, like the weather animation, there are slight slow downs but I think it's running quite well. I think it will get better as they find a way to compress the files more and other tweaks which are being discovered daily. I am curious how tf2.5 will respond in a 6.1 rom though. Maybe it will come down to what you said, snappier performance versus cooler ui. I find in snappy and cool overall.