PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Can you add .NET 3.5 to the ROM?
.net 3.5 was in the latest 1.3 release.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
yeah, thats what I'm gonna do....cuz the next update will have footprints removed, and a few other fixs. so I'll wait till mms is working properly.

ok, so according to Jmz, the mms fix only allows you to send mms via poutlook when arcsoft is installed. has anyone been able to send a mms this way? I tried but it didnt go through

doesnt anyone use picturemail? I dont send many mms' but when I have I used picturemail. I just tested, sent & rec'd pix through picturemail just fine.

so my question to all the hardcore mms users, what app did you use on previous roms? arcsoft?
I am able to send MMS with the poutlook fix. I use poutlook for MMS and Manila for SMS. Seems to work fine for me! I have Alltel/Verizon. Somehow I had this going before, but I couldn't figure out how I did it. I guess someone else narrowed it down finally.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
ok, I have 5.2.1.22....I just figured if arcsoft was needed to use MMS, then I might as well include it.
For me, the tride and true Arcsoft cab I always install that works everytime for my Alltel account is version 5.0.69.44. I'm not sure if it will have problems if I try to install my version on top of a cooked other version. That would be the only issue having it cooked in. I could always try to the 5.2.1.22, but the stupid thing is always so screwy! I'll let you know if the new one works and if it does you might as well cook it in.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

corneliuscrisco is just getting started

The youtube fix just makes my youtube crash when trying to play a video.

Does anyone have any ideas that could help?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok Arcsoft 5.2.1.22 works for me so if you want to include that you one can. Doesn't matter to me. I can just as easily install after flashing!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Macropoutsis is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
.net 3.5 was in the latest 1.3 release.
Were's the 1.3 release?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I have to say that I am not experiencing a significant drop in performance. My apologies for disagreeing but to me its running smooth. I do agree it takes a little more time at startup and due to certain processes, like the weather animation, there are slight slow downs but I think it's running quite well. I think it will get better as they find a way to compress the files more and other tweaks which are being discovered daily. I am curious how tf2.5 will respond in a 6.1 rom though. Maybe it will come down to what you said, snappier performance versus cooler ui. I find in snappy and cool overall.
No problem ... I agree it runs damn smooth too, but 2.1 is a bit faster, I didn't realize this was ported from a snapdragon phone though. I thought Sense was also running on some 528Mhz phones too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Oh and I will admit Manila running is definitely making \Windows load slower (maybe like 12-16 seconds at times) but this is for eye candy. If you want fast use Titanium.
Yeah, it takes mine about 7-8 secs with 2.1, must be all the additional images files i guess
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

HTC client wont work for MMS,the reg ket that Jmz gave was to use arcsoft for MMS, but continue to use HTC msg for SMS.

Anyone know what the latest version of Arcsoft is?

And would everyone prefer to have Arcsoft cooked in the rom?
Not sure what the latest is but here is the thread i got the one I'm currently using that works great!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802

... as far as cooking it in I think it would be gread but, I'm sure ppl will differ as there may be some who actually like the Sprint PicMail (even though I can't imagine it! lol) Installing one or the other post flash is not that big of a deal
Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
well the latest manila files are found in this thread. This is the actual DOWNLOAD link.

But those are just the base files. There are many dependencies that you can find in this link. The fun involves finding what you need & what will cause issues in your rom, lol. I flashed countless times trying to weed out which packages were the culprits. Once I narrowed it down, mwalt gave me his MASD & that is what finalized a working rom.

The problem is, it's just not that easy to give you the files, my windows folder that has all my ppc files is a complete mess, lol. Once I get the kitchen straight (I'll be working on it tonight as long as it's slow @ work) it will be much easier to "stare & compare" what I'm using.

will be trying this tonight. your king!

Last edited by smiznith; 11-16-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macropoutsis View Post
Were's the 1.3 release?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=458 21870

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=466 23504
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development