PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Diamondeyes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/20/09

Flashed 1.5 now..will be testing out for the day..gotta find some test dummys...I mean friends to test the mms and what not on..lol
Old 11-21-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
That is exactly the reason that I do not want to flash this ROM yet because it's not stable, albeit pretty. lol

Hmmm. I've now been using 23504 1.4 & 1.5 since they came out and stability has not been a problem. The only real issue IMHO is MMS and since I don't do that a lot, not a biggie for me. I'd say the stability on this is comparable to GadgetFreaks rom, and considering the newer state of all the packages in OMJ's rom, that is very remarkable.

Like I said before, OMJ's gotta be one of the hardest working chefs around. The only thing I wonder about is why he doesn't let people "contribute" to his development by buying him a beer, etc. I can't find the donate button!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/20/09

Anyone annoyed w/ the clock flipping everytime you switch back to home, there is a fix @ XDA, brought to my attention by Scout7.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583161

*EDIT* Just installed this, works great....should save on battery too..I've attached the manila file....

disable manila, copy this file to \windows via total commander, re-enable manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
thanks again for the hard work and the great update. everytime there is an update on the 21870, it runs faster, smoother and more stable.
To you & everyone else, Thank You for the thanks, you're very welcome, I'm just glad to contribute to the community & help everyone out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarnova View Post
question is there a way to use pocketwit has default twitter app and place it on the twitter tab?
probably not

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
That is exactly the reason that I do not want to flash this ROM yet because it's not stable, albeit pretty. lol
oh cmon Mr O....I beg to differ, the kinks have been pretty much worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Just flashed 2354 V1.5, is the landscape music & pics tabs still not aligned correctly? I though there was a fix somewere but I cant seem to find it or do I just have a bum flash?
There is a newer position fix out, but another user stated it caused misalignment when adding custom cities. It's possible the latest version has fixed that, you can give it a try....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=941

*EDIT* I've attached the cab...

you need to disable the current position fix 1st, by deleting \windows\startup\positionfix.lnk, reboot, install Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo3d View Post
OMJ, thank you for all your hard work! Unlike SOMEONE on here, I'm more than happy to volunteer to be your beta tester!

I'm late to the game on this one. Been using MightyROM for a while but this one totally breathes new life into my diamond!

One question tho, is there a way to put shortcuts to applications somewhere? Like a "launch" page from MightROM?
I have the perfect solution....Manila 2.5 has a nice feature on the home screen....just flick up, and theres 6 shortcuts to apps, contacts or Internet favs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondeyes View Post
Flashed 1.5 now..will be testing out for the day..gotta find some test dummys...I mean friends to test the mms and what not on..lol
lol
Attached Files
File Type: zip 5fa4d4b7_manila(VGA).zip (7.3 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab InterceptorR4.cab (12.1 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 11-21-2009 at 01:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Hmmm. I've now been using 23504 1.4 & 1.5 since they came out and stability has not been a problem. The only real issue IMHO is MMS and since I don't do that a lot, not a biggie for me. I'd say the stability on this is comparable to GadgetFreaks rom, and considering the newer state of all the packages in OMJ's rom, that is very remarkable.

Like I said before, OMJ's gotta be one of the hardest working chefs around. The only thing I wonder about is why he doesn't let people "contribute" to his development by buying him a beer, etc. I can't find the donate button!

thx....because I don't do this for money, I do it for fun.....it's a hobby, this site is about sharing, not profiting!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thx....because I don't do this for money, I do it for fun.....it's a hobby, this site is about sharing, not profiting!

Well said, but I'd still like to contribute if for nothing else to let you buy another Diamond should something happen to yours so you will still keep working on it! =D>
Old 11-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Smile Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/20/09

Ok, for those want/need mms to work until a work around for the HTC Message Client. This is what I did to get it working. Do not know if it will work for others, but you might want to give it a try. This will only work for those building your own custom rom.

Provider : Cricket

Select the following to false

Carrier to Generic
HTCMessage_Client to False
HTCMessage_1_00_281_0 to False
Not sure about Message_Enhancement_1_2_191932. At this time I have it set to False
Anything else to true for what you want in your rom.

Install Arcsoft 5_0 (not 5.2, not working well at this time)
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 11-21-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonkill02 View Post
idk maybe you should not complain when someone else is doing the work for you or just make your own rom and shut up and wait! not to hate on you or anything but i dont see you putting any input on this... other then the fact that you dont want to flash because its not working to your preferences. its pretty good for whats happened for cdma diamonds and sense ui so please dont waste post unless its something that you need help with, helping with the rom, or thanking the person whos making it for there hard work.
While I would partially agree with what you said, I dont think it is the nicest thing to say to one of the most helpful people around.
Thanks a lot OMJ for the umpteenth time.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

payner96 is a n00b

Been using 21870 (6.5 V1.5) since last night and all was working fine until now. The dreaded no ring or vibrate bug is back. Does anyone have any idea of a quick fix for this or is a full blown future upgrade going to be required again?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Macropoutsis is just getting started

Ok people, I've been searching for the last couple of days for an actual fix to this MMS problem and found none. But there are a couple of work arounds that in my opinion are bearable.
(1st) being this fix found here
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94155 the only problem with this is you get the notification of a new MMS but you can't view the pic from manila and it's a pane to get to archsoft.
(2nd) which is the one I'm using and find it the most user friendly is to install sMMS (directions found here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509 . Yes, it's like going back in time but the program works very nice and there's a setting for it not to intercept your incoming MMS. So what I did was install this MMS fix cab (this allows you to recieve MMS through manila, you may already be able to recieve) which I've attached. And install sMMS. So now I get all my pics & text through manila and send MMS through sMMS.
I didn't make this fix or program and take no credit for them so thank the people that did.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Gonna flash now.

BTW - has anyone tried using the 'official' Sprint picmail cab? (the one that basically sets up a new email acct).

Keep 'em comin OMJ!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development