PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 04:49 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/20/09

check it out, amarullz is working on a Messaging replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarullz
TWEAKS
People Message Clasic
No Messaging Client SMS

Here my beta tweaks to disable Messaging Client / cook without Messaging Client.

It was based from maesus post, and add some registries to point the Manila to use the classic style of PeopleMessage and disable the embeded Messaging Client.

I Also edit the message layout to match VGA screen, but there is still a lot to do, I need to edit some luac files to fix some exiting bugs..

Known Bugs:
  • No Menu Popup
  • No Caret on Editing
  • After unfocus the inputbox, UI was mess up

Pros:
  • Fast (Loading & Scrolling)
  • RAM Friendly
  • Use Native WM Messaging
  • No Bugs on SMS Backup
  • Perfect for VGA Screen
  • Native Manila Interface (Manila use OpenGL, HTCMessaging_Client use GDI)
  • Fewer packages needed (no need HTCMessaging_Client, Text_Selection)
  • No Background Service / Processes

Cons:
  • No Characters Count

ScreenShoot:

Download in attachment >>

Please Help me to make it more useful and bugless...
Old 11-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/20/09

Oh sweet. I can't wait.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

So far, the only bugs I've encountered (21870) are bleeding within the 'all messages' for sms
and
also taking pics always sets it as portrait no matter what the orientation the phone is in while taking a pic.

Rock solid otherwise! Will add more bugs if i find em - im pretty much running stock without adding any apps.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Diamond

pwnsicle is just getting started

great rom omj! running 21870 and the only bad things i noticed where

1. the corrupted ringtone bug but i just keep "vibrate and ring" setting on
2. navigation through the contact card menus seem to be really laggy
3. just a few graphical hiccups dealing with the htc sense home page like the flip clock will usually display the time an hour off and immediately correct itself to the right time and the weather animate slows things down (but that's all sense roms as of now)

these things are all very minor but everything else is working flawlessly. thanks for such a great rom and keep up the good work! i'll report back if i can find any major bugs
Old 11-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnsicle View Post
3. just a few graphical hiccups dealing with the htc sense home page like the flip clock will usually display the time an hour off and immediately correct itself to the right time and the weather animate slows things down (but that's all sense roms as of now)...
Try here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1131
It might read all 00:00 at first, but give it a sec and the time should be right with much less flipping of the clock
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnsicle View Post
great rom omj! running 21870 and the only bad things i noticed where

1. the corrupted ringtone bug but i just keep "vibrate and ring" setting on
2. navigation through the contact card menus seem to be really laggy
3. just a few graphical hiccups dealing with the htc sense home page like the flip clock will usually display the time an hour off and immediately correct itself to the right time and the weather animate slows things down (but that's all sense roms as of now)

these things are all very minor but everything else is working flawlessly. thanks for such a great rom and keep up the good work! i'll report back if i can find any major bugs
1) You get the ringtone bug? Did you hard reset? And how do you set up your ringtones?
2) What Page Pool are you using?
3) The clock is supposed to do that, no bug here.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

1. i didn't flash to stock this time around maybe that's what's causing the bug? i'm used to just using mp3 ringers in my internal storage and not having to convert them to .wav files and storing them on the main memory. the bug is random as always so my ringers are currently working as i type
2. i didn't mess with the page pool changer. everything else is zippy it's just when i'm editing info on the contact card
3. yeah thanks pjsync. i was scrolling back through a few pages and saw the fix! freaked me out with the 0:00 so i soft reseted and it eventually worked -_-

thanks for the help guys!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Yeah try flashing to shipped and hard resetting after flashing the OMJ ROM and see if it helps. I like a 24MB PP too.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i'll just keep these settings for now. if the ringtone bug happens alot or if omj releases a new update i'll make sure to flash to shipped this time. and wow i just saw that the default page pool value is set at 6 lol
quck question mr. obvious...changing the page pool to 24 won't cause any noticable battery drain if any, right?
Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.

No. But to change it to 24 you have to reflash anyway (sorry) so you might as well flash shipped then flash OMJ then hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development